Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Daps
Bloody hell, I really hope he doesn't go,
I slated Ronaldo for going there but he had no choice, no one else wanted him

I don't want to slate Messi for the same thing.
Loads of clubs would still have Messi and he doesn't need the money

He doesn't need to be ending his career the same way as Ronaldo

Last edited:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps

Donny van de Beek will be like a new signing :mjcry:

Ball playing goalkeeper? Henderson come on down :mjcry:

No need to buy Maguire replacement when we have Bailly coming back :mjcry:

merklman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
N17
Nah I think they would have still done it, especially if they had Txiki Begiristain at the club like they have now,
Sporting director at Barca all the way through their cheating scandal
Then moves to Man City and becomes sporting director and is there all the way through their cooking the books, cheating scandal :jbhmm:

And they didn't even really need to do it as how serious is the FFP?
Do the big clubs really get punished for it, if they do it's just a fine which they can afford

It's not like how they treat the lower clubs like Bury for instance, they are like dinosaurs now, extinct.
Or others clubs like Luton or Derby getting massive points deduction which they were never going to overcome

I'm not even that bothered by the over spending as we have had to put up with that before like with Chelsea, it's the cheating which I am not happy with

And I hope they throw the book at them like they did with Juventus in like 2006/07.

But they won't, they will probably just get a slap on the wrist :scust:
This doesnt make sense. FFP came in around 2010 right? If Mansour bought City in 2000, why would city cook the books when there was literally no need to when overspending vs revenue was not illegal? The only real reason ffp etc came in was because the established "elite" teams didn't like the new competition :hubie:

They can throw the book at city for all i care but the hypocrisy is ridiculous.

merklman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
N17
yes somehow newcastle can manage to play by the rules (so far) while also improving despite having even more money than city.

city have ridden roughshod over the rules to such an extent that they now stand before the authorities with over ONE HUNDRED charges.

it's one thing being found with your hand in the cookie jar ... but city said "f*** all that" and just took the jar.

:hubie:
Yes, but you've completely missed the point of what i said . . .

Newcastle will not come anywhere winning the league in the next 3-5 years without smashing ffp rules btw