Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Daps
The talent is undeniable and always has been, seriously, seriously underrated even by a lot of own :what:

He’s grasped this opportunity with both hands and playing like he knows he belongs now, looking just like he did for the youth teams :wow:

He’s had some brutal luck with injuries at the worst time but they’ve all been freak injuries nothing to suggest he’s injury prone, he’s gonna be a massive player for many seasons to come and one of the reasons I’m meh on Mac, what does he bring that Curtis doesn’t :jbhmm: 70m that can be spent better elsewhere for me :hubie:
Whilst having Jones injury free and playing regularly is like a new player we still need to spend money on the midfield

I'm more keen on spending the money on Mac then Mount, but I'm not going to question Klopp on what he wants

If he thinks he can turn Mount into a world class player like the others he has turned in to looking world class then I'm happy

Bit we are going to be losing a few midfielders come season end, and they will be under the English quota for Europe, Ox,Milner will be gone so we need to buy more English players

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
Whilst having Jones injury free and playing regularly is like a new player we still need to spend money on the midfield

I'm more keen on spending the money on Mac then Mount, but I'm not going to question Klopp on what he wants

If he thinks he can turn Mount into a world class player like the others he has turned in to looking world class then I'm happy

Bit we are going to be losing a few midfielders come season end, and they will be under the English quota for Europe, Ox,Milner will be gone so we need to buy more English players
Ugarte is a must, I really want to believe in this Fab revival but he’s washed :mjcry: Mount and Mac do nothing for me :hhh: get me Barella too and spend the rest of the budget on Colwill @SCORCH :mjgrin:

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
Good professional performance once we got going. Defensively solid... Alisson is still the goat keeper... Trent played good defensively as well as his usual offensive threat

Fabinho was mopping up shyt all over the place... Curtis MotM

Our form has really picked up once we got knocked out of the FA and UCL. I think we only lost to City after the RM loss..... Team was just tired + ravaged by injuries.

Looks like rumours of our demise are greatly exaggerated. :obama:

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I think the family members that took control after the owner died just don't care as much. When they appointed Dean Smith it seemed like a "hey if we get relegated at least he will stay for the rebuild" kind of appointment

Because the company is a chain of duty free shops in airports, the pandemic is what really did it for them.

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
Alisson is still the goat keeper
He is :wow:

We gonna need to have a discussion about Caoimhin at some point :francis: hopefully we can get him a good loan this coming season and kick the can down the road another year. The drop off for me personally is negligible and that’s not a slight on Ali he’s the best in the world and easily the GOAT 1 on 1 keeper, Caoimhin is that good, starts for any other club in the league bar maybe Citeh and that’s debatable, he’s top 3 in the league and that’s not up for debate :birdman:

I would hate to lose him :mjcry: ideal situation is we get something like Chelski did with Courtois and have a decision to make in a few years.

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
He is :wow:

We gonna need to have a discussion about Caoimhin at some point :francis: hopefully we can get him a good loan this coming season and kick the can down the road another year. The drop off for me personally is negligible and that’s not a slight on Ali he’s the best in the world and easily the GOAT 1 on 1 keeper, Caoimhin is that good, starts for any other club in the league bar maybe Citeh and that’s debatable, he’s top 3 in the league and that’s not up for debate :birdman:

I would hate to lose him :mjcry: ideal situation is we get something like Chelski did with Courtois and have a decision to make in a few years.

Tottenham sniffing around as a replacement for Lloris :sadcam: ....Leicester also interested

But Alisson is only 30...Kelleher will be pushing 30 himself before he gets a shot at being no1 :dead: (barring injuries / a shocking drop in performance from Alisson).

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
Tottenham sniffing around as a replacement for Lloris :sadcam: ....Leicester also interested

But Alisson is only 30...Kelleher will be pushing 30 himself before he gets a shot at being no1 :dead: (barring injuries / a shocking drop in performance from Alisson).
This is it :wow:

Hedge fund wanna plead poverty :scust:

What’s Ali’s worth? Easy 80m, do I think he’s as good no but he’s the 2nd best keeper in the league for me, got 15 years left in the tank, never let us down once and is an elite keeper in his own right, homegrown and costs nothing, there is a discussion to be had :hubie:

Raya supposedly gone, 2 year loan Brentford no buy option, let him prove himself and let’s see what we looking like after seems perfect situation to me :ld: like you say Ali ain’t falling off no time soon but I would hate to lose Caoimhin.

Last edited:

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
This is it :wow:

Hedge fund wanna plead poverty :scust:

What’s Ali’s worth? Easy 80m, do I think he’s as good no but he’s the 2nd best keeper in the league for me, got 15 years left in the tank, never let us down once and is an elite keeper in his own right, homegrown and costs nothing, there is a discussion to be had :hubie:

A few teams PL teams are interested in a loan deal too. I think it will be good to see how he performs week in week out as a starter in the PL.

I get your reasoning but I'm on the Ali train until the wheels fall off :whoa: ...Let FSG splash the cash then to pick up another Ali or whoever is the hottest new keeper.

We need a solid number 2 now anyway if Kelleher is going on loan. Adrian lurking around is criminal for a serious club

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps

From a physical point of view and mental sharpness, it’s probably DM.

But being a good striker in a poor team must be the WOAT. You end up looking like a bum too

All other positions have metrics that allow you to prove yourself, but you’re mainly judged by goals as a striker

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
A few teams PL teams are interested in a loan deal too. I think it will be good to see how he performs week in week out as a starter in the PL.

I get your reasoning but I'm on the Ali train until the wheels fall off :whoa: ...Let FSG splash the cash then to pick up another Ali or whoever is the hottest new keeper.

We need a solid number 2 now anyway if Kelleher is going on loan. Adrian lurking around is criminal for a serious club
I’m fully on the Ali train too my nikka, he’s the best in the world and it’s not close. Hedge fund plead poverty while briefing about record revenues :scust: If we were to take them at their word :mjlol: Ali is an easy asset to move for funds and Caoimhin is really that good :wow: top 2 in the league and comfortably top 10 in the world :hubie: all I’m saying :hubie:
FSG really gave us Adrian...Kabak and Ben Davies on loan and expected us to compete for UCL and PL :pacspit:

Klopp is is too professional. Conte and Mourinho would have went off on them
These dirty, incompetent, miserly, negligent, absent nikkas hung him out to dry 2 out of the last 3 seasons and he’s really on the brink of working miracles for the 2nd time :wow: