Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Daps
:jbhmm: that looked off to me
Jones is starting really come in to his own
He is going to be a big player for us next season barring injuries

It did take Gerrard a couple of season to really get going because of a lot of injuries at the beginning of his career

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh

It did take Gerrard a couple of season to really get going because of a lot of injuries at the beginning of his career

I think Evans' foot was keeping him on. They use toes and elbows to rule goals out... about time they were used to give us a goal

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija

The talent is undeniable and always has been, seriously, seriously underrated even by a lot of own :what:

He’s grasped this opportunity with both hands and playing like he knows he belongs now, looking just like he did for the youth teams :wow:

He’s had some brutal luck with injuries at the worst time but they’ve all been freak injuries nothing to suggest he’s injury prone, he’s gonna be a massive player for many seasons to come and one of the reasons I’m meh on Mac, what does he bring that Curtis doesn’t :jbhmm: 70m that can be spent better elsewhere for me :hubie:

nahnah

Superstar
Daps
Leicester are truly shyt and have no heart. What a fukking weird managerial appointment they made :gucci:

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
The talent is undeniable and always has been, seriously, seriously underrated even by a lot of own :what:

He’s grasped this opportunity with both hands and playing like he knows he belongs now, looking just like he did for the youth teams :wow:

He’s had some brutal luck with injuries at the worst time but they’ve all been freak injuries nothing to suggest he’s injury prone, he’s gonna be a massive player for many seasons to come and one of the reasons I’m meh on Mac, what does he bring that Curtis doesn’t :jbhmm: 70m that can be spent better elsewhere for me :hubie:

I think the trouble was his inconsistency ... dribble into trouble/not look up etc. Perhaps on account of his age and making the step up into the first team

He's looking like the real deal tho :banderas:

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
I think the trouble was his inconsistency ... dribble into trouble/not look up etc. Perhaps on account of his age and making the step up into the first team

He's looking like the real deal tho :banderas:
My only problem was he was playing within himself and defensive side of his game needed some work, he’s addressed both these things this run and is backing himself and has his swagger back. Only 22 and pushing 100 appearances already, 2 footed, can pick a pass, can dribble, great ball retention, sky is the limit :blessed:

Who’s putting him out the XI next season when he’s playing like this :jbhmm: I’ve mentioned it a few times but it’s no surprise he’s looked even better with Lucho back, it’s not Darwin’s game and Diogoal leaves a lot to be desired with his interplay at times, Robbo too :manny:

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
My only problem was he was playing within himself and defensive side of his game needed some work, he’s addressed both these things this run and is backing himself and has his swagger back. Only 22 and pushing 100 appearances already, 2 footed, can pick a pass, can dribble, great ball retention, sky is the limit :blessed:

His ball retention under pressure is amazing...pressing... And eye for goal now

Who’s putting him out the XI next season when he’s playing like this :jbhmm: I’ve mentioned it a few times but it’s no surprise he’s looked even better with Lucho back, it’s not Darwin’s game and Diogoal leaves a lot to be desired with his interplay at times, Robbo too

Good point on the bolded.

It's a shame the season is ending as he's hitting peak form.

KnowledgeDropper

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Manhattan
Leicester are truly shyt and have no heart. What a fukking weird managerial appointment they made :gucci:

I think the family members that took control after the owner died just don't care as much. When they appointed Dean Smith it seemed like a "hey if we get relegated at least he will stay for the rebuild" kind of appointment