Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
The only hang up is what could we offer that no one else does? There's millions of breh confederacies dropping knowledge and bantz about sports on the net. Just because we'd be better at it isn't enough
Don Rhymus stories? :leon:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
The only hang up is what could we offer that no one else does? There's millions of breh confederacies dropping knowledge and bantz about sports on the net. Just because we'd be better at it isn't enough

True.

That's the thing with starting a blog. The utter futility of it all.:bryan:

KOTK

Pro
Daps
Not sure about ho many are working in press but just employment(i assume in some sort of related field) is:

Sheffield: 85%
UCLAN: 75%

Sheffield is accredited by the 3 major journalist thingies (BCTJ, NCTJ and another which i don't know) so that high a figure isn't surprising. Where as UCLAN is only accredited by the BCTJ, which is broadcast journalism, which isn't particularly what i want to do(now anyway, who knows i may discover i'm good at it/i like it, i'm good at presentations etc tbf :ehh:).
Yeah those numbers aren't what Guru is asking. I'm pretty sure you want to go to a top red brick at least to work for broad sheets in sports. Go for broadcast tbf (which is at sheff as well, which is the best uni) have some Bill Simons type LOLs.

If you lot wanna do something communal a podcast is better than a blog.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
I had a idea in this obscure Event Staff subforum about the possibility to add blogs to the coli, like it exists for many sites.

Considering the low view count and the absence of answers it wasn't a good idea, but I still think it can add something to the-coli as a site and a forum.

http://www.the-coli.com/event-staff/76629-coli-blogs.html#.UQBSUYK9VcY

By the way, I'm sure that at the end of the season, Giroud will finally be seen as a good investment for Arsenal. Chamack was bad because he shone at Bordeaux thanks to Gourcuff but Giroud (even if Belhanda was great) often scored by himself last year with Montpellier. French excellence :tisalute:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Yeah those numbers aren't what Guru is asking. I'm pretty sure you want to go to a top red brick at least to work for broad sheets in sports. Go for broadcast tbf (which is at sheff as well, which is the best uni) have some Bill Simons type LOLs.

If you lot wanna do something communal a podcast is better than a blog.

I know Sheffield is the best choice, just whether i can be arsed doing stuff not about sport.

From the FAQ on the journalism course on the Sheffield website:

For example, you will be assigned to neighbourhoods in the city where you will be responsible for unearthing stories and features. You will be sent to find court cases and council meetings to cover. In other words, you will need initiative, persistence and imagination – qualities that make good reporters.

Council meetings?:skip: