Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
in fairness, I was thinking more Sheffield.

Ah r8.

Think Sheffield is the most southern of uni's i applied for, and it's still northern as fook tbf:smug:

Google maps tells me i can get from my house to the uni in 3 hours, i estimate 2 since i'm a terribly reckless driver:smugrvp:

OGmittee

Smugest Poster Alive
Daps
Reppin
Boston
u brehs think CR7 is doping? i was reading that shyt the old french tennis player said about the spaniards and its makin me skeptical of my dude (obviously hes portugese but)...he too fast brehs

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
bein sport but its not live

it is. Companies/Organizations still need Communications Directors and PR people. Journalists fit in very well with that.

Like, journalism majors straight out of college or do these jobs require a grad level degree in journalism.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Like, journalism majors straight out of college or do these jobs require a grad level degree in journalism.
Bachelors Degrees.

DO NOT waste your time with getting a masters in journalism. Complete waste of time. Also, if you are doing work in PR or Communications, your experience and contacts will be the greatest tool for you.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Sounds like i need to be heading off to america for a job.

Imagine how they'd appreciate my actual english, english skillz :ohhh:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Good question. I just know i want to be involved in the reporting of sport.:yeshrug:

I'm going in as a blank slate with mad raw skillz otherwise. I figure i start envisioning my specific career path as i cultivate my propa skillz.

Something online though probably, bytches love online.:smug: (as does the future etc)[...]
My advice would be for you to create a blog to show your skills.
This is a simple way to practice and this could be your portfolio when time will be due. When you'll apply for a job for example, this will be a great asset to present to any recruter. There are some jobs where actual skills are better than theorical knowledge and I think reporting is one of them.

I mean there are many blogs from people that comment on their passions, that are well-written and insightful, yet who don't have any diploma in journalism. Plus, it seems that you like writing because if I remember right, it was you that wrote the piece about Fifa 13 for the coli main page and it was kinda good (well, maybe too much digression but seems to be the "spice" in your writing).

If you can focus on the sports subject while showing objectivity and providing articles regularly, this may lead you to have some kind of notoriety and kickstart a career :yeshrug:. Unfortunately, it seems that blogs may soon be outta fashion (too many, change of media etc.) but it could at least help you train your skills.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
One of my brehettes went straight out of undergrad into a PR position shooting her 45 racks a year with a journalism degree.

not a coincidence. is she hawt?

bein sport has had chelsea/swansea live

Bein Sport

and the u-20 live. they are showing more and more matches online.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Sounds like i need to be heading off to america for a job.

Imagine how they'd appreciate my actual english, english skillz :ohhh:
This guy:

126.jpg

has a job working for major newspapers in your country and his qualification was lying about watching Arsenal youth team matches. You are a much better writer than that guy is, so I think you will be fine in the UK. John Cross and Darren Lewis have a national column in your country, ffs.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Bachelors Degrees.

DO NOT waste your time with getting a masters in journalism. Complete waste of time. Also, if you are doing work in PR or Communications, your experience and contacts will be the greatest tool for you.

:sadcam:

I did at one point consider that.