Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Just make sure you can operate as a one man army. Ballin photos, gangsta in photoshop, creating your own layouts, and a beast on the body. Her career is basically doing all the same shyt she did for yearbook in highschool.

this is the ironic thing. These people want you to do work like photoshop and HTML. I was doing HTML back in the BlackPlanet era.:leon:

I worked in that for a few years and liked it, then I realized this is going to be an emerging job market due to the amount of old people and needing actual humans to do this work. Its kind of fun too.

You have to know how to write tho, and that is why folks with jouranlism degrees are highly desirable.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
Just make sure you can operate as a one man army. Ballin photos, gangsta in photoshop, creating your own layouts, and a beast on the body. Her career is basically doing all the same shyt she did for yearbook in highschool.

Yep.

Her boss is a raging homosexual, though.

like it matters, you know guys are fukking thirsty out there and even 6/10s are lusted over :russ:

they got it so much easier i tell ya

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
My advice would be for you to create a blog to show your skills.
This is a simple way to practice and this could be your portfolio when time will be due. When you'll apply for a job for example, this will be a great asset to present to any recruter. There are some jobs where actual skills are better than theorical knowledge and I think reporting is one of them.

I mean there are many blogs from people that comment on their passions, that are well-written and insightful, yet who don't have any diploma in journalism. Plus, it seems that you like writing because if I remember right, it was you that wrote the piece about Fifa 13 for the coli main page and it was kinda good (well, maybe too much digression but seems to be the "spice" in your writing).

If you can focus on the sports subject while showing objectivity and providing articles regularly, this may lead you to have some kind of notoriety and kickstart a career :yeshrug:. Unfortunately, it seems that blogs may soon be outta fashion (too many, change of media etc.) but it could at least help you train your skills.
Good advice. I can't really be arsed with a blog though atm, maybe i the future when i have to, no one reads them, and i'm far too egotistical to write to no one innit.

And yeah i do digress a lot, i figure one thing i have over a lot of potential wannabe journalists is that i'm funny(tbf :smug: ). Though what real world use this has while i'm trying to make my way is questionable.

I need to actually start writing more stuff, but the actual college work, and like i mentioned, a massively complicated and busy( :smug: ) personal life has stopped me somewhat.

This guy:

126.jpg

has a job working for major newspapers in your country and his qualification was lying about watching Arsenal youth team matches. You are a much better writer than that guy is, so I think you will be fine in the UK. John Cross and Darren Lewis have a national column in your country, ffs.
Think i've seen you mention him not long ago(dunno, i've been doing nothing more than skimming of late, sorry m8s, i've let you down).

I'm not motivated enough(/still too lazy) to do some serious grinding on the net to get myself somewhere without a degree, so i figure going and getting a degree is the much better option, especially considering the other, related doors it opens, i mean i could conceivably become a teacher or some shyt afterwards if i fancied/could be arsed doing a pgce thing.

Imagine that, me shaping the minds of today's youth :ohhh:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Giroooooooooooooooooooooooud!

Think i've seen you mention him not long ago(dunno, i've been doing nothing more than skimming of late, sorry m8s, i've let you down).

I'm not motivated enough(/still too lazy) to do some serious grinding on the net to get myself somewhere without a degree, so i figure going and getting a degree is the much better option, especially considering the other, related doors it opens, i mean i could conceivably become a teacher or some shyt afterwards if i fancied/could be arsed doing a pgce thing.

Imagine that, me shaping the minds of today's youth :ohhh:

I think you are a better writer than he is. You know more about football too. Getting a degree will give you a better footing, and get you in proper circles that doing that blog, like Sanderson did, had to work years to get into.

Have you researched the amount of people who are working in the press that graduated from those schools?

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK

I think you are a better writer than he is. You know more about football too. Getting a degree will give you a better footing, and get you in proper circles that doing that blog, like Sanderson did, had to work years to get into.

Have you researched the amount of people who are working in the press that graduated from those schools?

Not sure about ho many are working in press but just employment(i assume in some sort of related field) 6 months after graduation is:

Sheffield: 85%
UCLAN: 75%

Sheffield is accredited by the 3 major journalist thingies (BCTJ, NCTJ and another which i don't know) so that high a figure isn't surprising. Where as UCLAN is only accredited by the BCTJ, which is broadcast journalism, which isn't particularly what i want to do(now anyway, who knows i may discover i'm good at it/i like it, i'm good at presentations etc tbf :ehhh: ).

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Not sure about ho many are working in press but just employment(i assume in some sort of related field) 6 months after graduation is:

Sheffield is accredited by the 3 major journalist thingies (BCTJ, NCTJ and another which i don't know) so that high a figure isn't surprising. Where as UCLAN is only accredited by the BCTJ, which is broadcast journalism, which isn't particularly what i want to do(now anyway, who knows i may discover i'm good at it/i like it, i'm good at presentations etc tbf :ehhh:smile:.
yeah man, get that degree, get it fast too. Take summer and winter course, and accept any internships at your local papers. Get in those circles, ASAP.

what the fukk am I watching?!?!?!?! :mindblown:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK

Not sure about ho many are working in press but just employment(i assume in some sort of related field) is:

Sheffield is accredited by the 3 major journalist thingies (BCTJ, NCTJ and another which i don't know) so that high a figure isn't surprising. Where as UCLAN is only accredited by the BCTJ, which is broadcast journalism, which isn't particularly what i want to do(now anyway, who knows i may discover i'm good at it/i like it, i'm good at presentations etc tbf :ehh:).