Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
:pachaha: I don't know a thing about upstate NY, breh. Nothing at all. Almost no one down here does. I'm pretty sure over half the state's population lives in the southernmost 7 counties (NYC, LI). :pachaha:
Once you get on the New England Thruway or the Saw Mill, all that stuff starts looking the same.

And no one really goes up there unless you going to wherever the jails are up there or driving on the way to Canada or somewhere in New England. That's probably why the corrupt state legislature does what they do hiding all the way up in Albany, wherever that is exactly.

I see. So no one fukks with Syracuse? Utica? Ithaca? Schenectady?

Damn b :ohhh:

They are a bit white and insular I feel.

Looked at a map though, thinking gonna go to Long Island, NYC up to Portland ME. That way I'll be able to go thru CT, MA, NH etc. :myman:

concise

Veteran
Daps
I see. So no one fukks with Syracuse? Utica? Ithaca? Schenectady?

Damn b
:ohhh:

They are a bit white and insular I feel.

Looked at a map though, thinking gonna go to Long Island, NYC up to Portland ME. That way I'll be able to go thru CT, MA, NH etc. :myman:

We know they exist :pachaha: What they actually do up there, what they look like, especially that far up, no one knows. :manny:

But I did learn most of the city names of the state from my neighborhood, though.

In succession, we have a bunch of avenues with city names:
Rochester, Buffalo, Utica, Schenectady, Albany, Troy, Kingston, Brooklyn, New York. That's about the extent of my knowledge up there.

I've driven to Mount Vernon. Looked like Staten Island from my short stay there.
Went with my dad to visit from friends of his in Spring Valley. Looked like some horrible parts of New Jersey with a huge Expressway basically being the city's main road. They lived in what structurally reminded me of the projects shown in music videos from New Orleans or Miami. 2 stories high, "ratchets" everywhere, broken screen doors, desolate looking side streets.
And one time, many years ago, I accompanied my father on a trip somewhere near Chappaqua (I only remembered the name because Bill Clinton had just moved there) to a ski resort, or something similar. IIRC, he was doing a bus tour with some underprivileged kids from the city on a winter weekend. We drove past these huge houses, snow covered grounds, and this huge resort with cabins and stuff. I don't even remember how long ago this was anymore.

Even then, those are just Westchester and Rockland counties, the first 2 north. Don't know what to tell you. Don't know what you'll find.

Maybe @yoyoyo1 knows.

Last edited by a moderator:

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
I don't, I know a few people @ Cuse who always complain about how fukkin cold it is and never go on about any culture there except to drink so I reckon it's nothing special

concise

Veteran
Daps
What makes you think he even leaves his block, let alone leave his borough

:laugh:

coulda sworn I read he was part of RB's youth team somewhere :ld:

-----

on another note, just downloaded this tapatalk 2 cuz i got an alert for it and it was 99 cents.

not pleased that board smilies are still not viewable nor are any gifs :smh:

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Syracuse is two hours away from my city in Canada. There's absolutely nothing to report except that they have Canadian weather. Tons of Canadians drive down to upstate NY for shopping trips.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
:laugh:

coulda sworn I read he was part of RB's youth team somewhere :ld:

-----

on another note, just downloaded this tapatalk 2 cuz i got an alert for it and it was 99 cents.

not pleased that board smilies are still not viewable nor are any gifs :smh:
1. yeah right

2. thats the only thing that bothers me, have to save jbo browsing for home :avb:

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Buffalo, Rochester, and Syracuse are like the midwest. The jobs left and its kinda depressing. One weird thing about Upstate NY is seeing the Canadian flag flying at car dealerships and supermarkets. Buffalo fuccs with Canada heavy.

It`s very green and Vermonty tho.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Hopefully that upstate NY area will be decent for a scenic drive through then.

Dunno why but I for some reason always had the impression that it was rolling hills, old bridges and lush forests for miles on end with quaint colonial style houses and villages. :yeshrug:

Maybe I've been thinking of Amityville and all that around LI. Either way it should be an adventure :leon:

Mané Swagincha

6 times
Daps
Coutinho...One of you Italian league watchin brehs enlighten me

Hes been at Inter for 2-3 years and hasnt been called up to the Brazilian NT once, that should tell you something, he was never really hyped as other young brazilian stars. Common case of a young brazilian who agents were looking to make a quick buck of off. If he would've stayed in Brazil longer he probabaly would've devolped to be more efficient. Seems like Inter went and bought him on a bet. Pool going after him would be another shot in the dark, same old transfer policy at Merseyside, nothings changed.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
Hopefully that upstate NY area will be decent for a scenic drive through then.

Dunno why but I for some reason always had the impression that it was rolling hills, old bridges and lush forests for miles on end with quaint colonial style houses and villages. :yeshrug:

Maybe I've been thinking of Amityville and all that around LI. Either way it should be an adventure :leon:

your impression is correct. i drove from DC to vermont a few years back, much of the trip went thru NY. its beautiful, but be prepared for some serious northern rednecks. you thought they were only in the midwest or the south, but they're deep up in northeast thats equidistant from big cities. all dudes must go shirtless, i think it's a rule. and not miami or south america shirtless, but pale and fat shirtless. so yeah, watch out for that.

scenery is great tho. mountains and rivers and shyt. you should go to vermont. it's cool if you don't stay too long. more than 5 days there and people will expect you to think as they do, that vermont is the garden of eden and nothing else needs to be seen or experienced.