Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

DismalImpressiveClumber-max-1mb.gif

The Observer

All Star
Daps
I've not followed the Greenwood case as closely as most on this forum have - I haven't seen the alleged video/audio recordings on social media.

But I think United will investigate the video/audio, ask Greenwood if this was him and ask for context. Then it's all about PR.

Unless his girl comes out says it was all false/out of context, ultimately I think they'll say something like 'The behaviour by Greenwood in those recordings do not meet the standards required for a Man United player and we strongly are opposed to violence against women etc etc, therefore Greenwood has been released from his contract'

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Soccer is completely different, if Greenwood is able to curb his psychopathic tendencies he is young enough and talented enough to have a long career.

The most extreme example is Flamengo's keeper Bruno, who was sentenced to 22 years for having his girlfriend killed and fed to dogs, getting signed to lower division clubs immediately after getting out on some kind of appeal.
Different things though :whoa:

Bruno got convicted and served time (still serving time on house arrest I think). Bruno's crime was far more heinous but at least he was punished and is legally a criminal while Greenwood got off scot free.

Dude got back with the girl and is technically innocent. 0 consequences but some time off

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
I've not followed the Greenwood case as closely as most on this forum have - I haven't seen the alleged video/audio recordings on social media.

But I think United will investigate the video/audio, ask Greenwood if this was him and ask for context. Then it's all about PR.

Unless his girl comes out says it was all false/out of context, ultimately I think they'll say something like 'The behaviour by Greenwood in those recordings do not meet the standards required for a Man United player and we strongly are opposed to violence against women etc etc, therefore Greenwood has been released from his contract'
Girl is behaving like many DV victims unfortunately. I'm not sure if DV victims fall under Stockholm Syndrome but that she got back with him after such evidence means he does have some psychological grip on her.

But United does have an out if they want as you said. They just need to go with the standards route and they'll be safe I agree.