Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
i hate social media. No sensible person is expecting this chelsea team to perform after all the changes the club went trough after roman left....
These types of headlines are ruining players self esteem. If they fail next season .... different story
Agreed

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
i hate social media. No sensible person is expecting this chelsea team to perform after all the changes the club went trough after roman left....
These types of headlines are ruining players self esteem. If they fail next season .... different story
I didn't think he was that bad, just that he didn't do much after the first 10 mins imo

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps

They signed like 300 million worth of players breh. No one is going to be rational with them

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
As much as I've found Chelsea’s shenanigans annoying, as I said before, they've mainly overpaid for a bunch of unproven young players. They’ve assembled a collection of players that could be world beaters in 2-3 years if they have the right coaching and luck but in the meantime, they’re still gonna be food.

Also, it’s unrealistic to expect a bunch of people from different countries (some not even being able to speak English) to all hit the ground running.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Different things though :whoa:

Bruno got convicted and served time (still serving time on house arrest I think). Bruno's crime was far more heinous but at least he was punished and is legally a criminal while Greenwood got off scot free.

Dude got back with the girl and is technically innocent. 0 consequences but some time off
I know it's different, that's why I used Bruno's case. It's way, way more egregious and he still got a chance immediately (albeit in lower leagues). In Greenwood's case he can probably go abroad and if he's able to fulfill his potential he will be back in PL in no time and probably at 2030 World Cup.

Girl is behaving like many DV victims unfortunately. I'm not sure if DV victims fall under Stockholm Syndrome but that she got back with him after such evidence means he does have some psychological grip on her.

But United does have an out if they want as you said. They just need to go with the standards route and they'll be safe I agree.
It was a wrap after her father's comments :francis:

In a perfect world United would make him through some type of rehab/therapy whether they decide to release him or keep him. But I'm sure United's 'investigation' will just be looking into whether his 50-70m potential is worth the PR and marketing backlash:manny:

Black Magisterialness

Moderna Boi
Supporter
Daps
This is true.
But they've spent an illogical amount of money. So the fandom will react illogically.

And as I said before. None of these players solve for Chelsea's major issue....which is they can't score.

Switch

All Star
Daps
These Chelsea spaces killing me, they won’t be a serious team again till they get rid of Mount causes far too much divide.

Reminds me of Ozil in his last few years with Arsenal