Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
On current form and pace, City are on course for a 86 pt season in the Prem and Haaland for 50 goals.

The past 6 years barring 20/21, the Prem has been won with 90+ pts. Haaland having 50 goals just means he’s taking goals from other players…all the “losing the Prem with a 50 a season goal scorer” talk kinda misses over the fact that a win is 3 pts. 1-0 or 11-2 is still 3pts…:yeshrug:

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
On current form and pace, City are on course for a 86 pt season in the Prem and Haaland for 50 goals.

The past 6 years barring 20/21, the Prem has been won with 90+ pts. Haaland having 50 goals just means he’s taking goals from other players…all the “losing the Prem with a 50 a season goal scorer” talk kinda misses over the fact that a win is 3 pts. 1-0 or 11-2 is still 3pts…:yeshrug:
I think its more about the goals City are conceding than him taking goals away from others

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Genuinely did have my doubts but Arsenal are a serious club again.

Not 100% sold on them winning the title, and it's lined up nicely with City/Liverpool dipping, but yeah, serious club. :lupe:
I'm still wary, because for the past few years our reddit has been filled with "Arsenal have the best record when ______" and we're still a 6-8th team

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Pep gets the CL he is done. That's the only reason I see him hanging around.
I actually think City may go trophy less this season…they’re not winning UCL this year that much I can tell you. Prem I actually think Arsenal holds out.

I think United can pip em if they meet in the League Cup final.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
I actually think City may go trophy less this season…they’re not winning UCL this year that much I can tell you. Prem I actually think Arsenal holds out.

I think United can pip em if they meet in the League Cup final.
:whoa:let's see how we do in this league game coming up in a couple weeks first.