Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Makes sense. I definitely don't see them high pressing as much as I remember. Them and Liverpool's defensive players are under more pressure this season
It's going to be interesting because we've never actually seen Pep stay at a club this long, he does his cycle then bounces.

It's probably Haaland, with a bit of possible staleness mixed in...maybe.

We've never seen Pep have to get on his Fergie ting and refresh a team. :jbhmm:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
A broken clock is right twice a day :heh:
shannon-sharpe-cigar-1024x597.jpg

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It's going to be interesting because we've never actually seen Pep stay at a club this long, he does his cycle then bounces.

It's probably Haaland, with a bit of possible staleness mixed in...maybe.

We've never seen Pep have to get on his Fergie ting and refresh a team. :jbhmm:
Pep gets the CL he is done. That's the only reason I see him hanging around.

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
United can go 3rd if they win the next game and Arsenal, City and United will all play each other Jan. (Arsenal also have Spurs)

Table might look mad come Jan 31st :youngsabo:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Pep gets the CL he is done. That's the only reason I see him hanging around.
Nah he's hanging around because City are basically his club, literally all of the infrastructure and those hired as staff and directors were all for him, years before he even went there.

City for Pep is pure comfort, they're not a genuine big club so there's no pressure, no one talks about City, the media don't focus on them at all, there's no scrutiny, it's all United and Liverpool(and to a lesser extent Arsenal).

At Barca and Bayern he was under an intense microscope from the media, proper fanbases(not that 'happy to be here' City vibe). Everything he said and did was analysed and questioned, it's not like that at City.

Add to the fact that his main managerial rival in Klopp is happy to hug and smile on the touchline and be an arse licker in pressers. He ain't got a Mourinho jabbing him every week, winding him up...again, no pressure.

He's living his best life right now, no reason for him to leave, CL or no CL.

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
United can go 3rd if they win the next game and Arsenal, City and United will all play each other Jan. (Arsenal also have Spurs)

Table might look mad come Jan 31st :youngsabo:
I don't ever wanna see yall do well, but I will enjoy it if Tottenham miss out on top 4 because of United. ETH got you guys looking solid, and then Rashford firing as well

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Nah he's hanging around because City are basically his club, literally all of the infrastructure and those hired as staff and directors were all for him, years before he even went there.

City for Pep is pure comfort, they're not a genuine big club so there's no pressure, no one talks about City, the media don't focus on them at all, there's no scrutiny, it's all United and Liverpool(and to a lesser extent Arsenal).

At Barca and Bayern he was under an intense microscope from the media, proper fanbases(not that 'happy to be here' City vibe). Everything he said and did was analysed and questioned, it's not like that at City.

Add to the fact that his main managerial rival in Klopp is happy to hug and smile on the touchline and be an arse licker in pressers. He ain't got a Mourinho jabbing him every week, winding him up...again, no pressure.

He's living his best life right now, no reason for him to leave, CL or no CL.
The fact he hasn't won a CL and nobody is bringing that up around the club reflects this