Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
You think? I feel like they're not too far off from where they've been. Still have the most goals. Do you think maybe its moreso defensively, they're not as good?
Not seen all their games, but from what i've seen they don't press quite as relentlessly, they take long breaks from doing it(they always did take breaks but not as long/frequently).

I think that's related to Haaland and might also explain why they're not as good defensively.

Then attacking wise they seem to look for him a little too much, same patterns aren't always there, at least not as much.

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
Arsenal… this is our time.
full

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Does Arsenal choke against Brighton?

Does Newcastle manage to stay in top 4?

Does Arteta buy a striker in January?

Does Pep go away to spend more time with his family if he chokes away a title with a 50 goal Haaland season?

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Not seen all their games, but from what i've seen they don't press quite as relentlessly, they take long breaks from doing it(they always did take breaks but not as long/frequently).

I think that's related to Haaland and might also explain why they're not as good defensively.

Then attacking wise they seem to look for him a little too much, same patterns aren't always there, at least not as much.
Makes sense. I definitely don't see them high pressing as much as I remember. Them and Liverpool's defensive players are under more pressure this season