Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

concise

Veteran
Daps
pato_corinthians.jpg

Seems like the only thing Brazilian players care about is winning the World Cup, which make us Brazilian league fans happy. Teams are definitely affording high wages as well, which is plus to bring back stars like Pato, Robinho, Fred, Dinho etc. Players returning has proven successful, so why not partake with family, friends, culture, good wages, new NT coach, play the happy go lucky samba styles, and pick up a nice shiny new trophey .

awesome spin :laugh:

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
pato_corinthians.jpg

Seems like the only thing Brazilian players care about is winning the World Cup, which make us Brazilian league fans happy. Teams are definitely affording high wages as well, which is plus to bring back stars like Pato, Robinho, Fred, Dinho etc. Players returning has proven successful, so why not partake with family, friends, culture, good wages, new NT coach, play the happy go lucky samba styles, and pick up a nice shiny new trophey .

Spain gonna tiki taka them back to their favelas

Montez

Superstar
Daps
I've never seen the facebook page erupt with comments like it has either.

Even though he wasn't the most talented he was always giving everything he had. Now we get a bunch of international failures to replace him, and on the cycle goes.

It may seem reactionary to say "Can't wait til the Cosmos get here" based off solely this move but I've seen this type of thing too many times.

Bin bags at Red Bull Arena :skip:

Chants of I want my Metrostars back? :to:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Just finished Jiro Dreams of Sushi, so beautiful, so elegant :to:

To find and have a passion like that, a purpose in life. It's just one of those movies that makes you question the point of it all. Do you have a reason? :to:

Plus the sushi looked like the piffest sushi ever :ohlawd:

Think that is gonna be a future goal, dine at a 3 star michelin restaurant. Ain't too many in the US though unfortunately.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
“What ever you are going to do, or where ever you are going to, you will always keep the memories of the history we wrote together”

Jozy: “Hundred percent true. This goes for my performances for the USA, but also for AZ. I only do not like to speak about my history with the club, because this then looks like a farewell intervies. AZ is my present. This club has changed my life, given me a new home. In Alkmaar I fell in love with football again. In the years before I felt an object, a thing in stead of a human being. I was being used or sometimes even misused/abused. At AZ I became part of a family. I will never forget what this club means for me, at as well off the pitch. At a certain moment it is time for a step to another club. My feeling tells me that time has not come for me yet. For a young player like me AZ is a great place to be. In other places I could have made a lot more money, but at this moment I rather like to play good football and develop me.

:to:

whole interview

Jozy in love with football again

As a consequence of his vote Obama won the elections this year. Jozy (23) looks back and ahead in view with sayings from the victory speech of the Democrat: ”My time ..”

“In our hearts we know the best for America still has to come.”

Jozy: “That saying means that President Obama is going to change our country. At this moment the USA actually is not doing so well. The economy of our country is in a bad state. Unemployment is huge.Hopefully Obama can create jobs, like he did earlier in the auto industry. I voted for him too. He stands for unity. There should not be a upper class versus middle class clash. Everybody has to be on the same page, get equal opportunities. That’s the way America became great!
“Has the best for me still to come? I find the angle of the Dutch very strange. It is always about goals and individual performances. In the USA we think in team performances.If the best of the team has to come yet, the best for me personally comes too. After the winter stop we still will go full throttle for European football. I’m convinced of that.”

“What ever you are going to do, or where ever you are going to, you will always keep the memories of the history we wrote together”

Jozy: “Hundred percent true. This goes for my performances for the USA, but also for AZ. I only do not like to speak about my history with the club, because this then looks like a farewell intervies. AZ is my present. This club has changed my life, given me a new home. In Alkmaar I fell in love with football again. In the years before I felt an object, a thing in stead of a human being. I was being used or sometimes even misused/abused. At AZ I became part of a family. I will never forget what this club means for me, at as well off the pitch. At a certain moment it is time for a step to another club. My feeling tells me that time has not come for me yet. For a young player like me AZ is a great place to be. In other places I could have made a lot more money, but at this moment I rather like to play good football and develop me.

“You do not always walk a smooth path”

Jozy: “If your path of life always is smooth, you took the wrong turn off. Then there has to be something wrong. My idea is that you have to work hard to achieve something. Only the rich have next to no resistance. But do remember that only one percent of the American population is rich. I have a deep admiration for the “working man”. At his home the alarm clock goes off every morning. He fights for every dollar to support his family. But even when you are rich, you have to fight. I always engage a fight. That way I make it easier for the others. Messi and Ronaldo exercise hard, despite their special gifts. Talent without hard work means nothing.”

Translation of AZ Media interview by Daan Ruiter

and why does listening to explosions in the sky make everything so emotional, so life and death

frush11

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
pato_corinthians.jpg

This is what it comes to now:deadrose:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
He's probably getting passed it now due to a few injuries but he was an awesome player. Great technique and an incredible passer with also pretty good eye for goal.

Overrated tbh, had 1 very good-great season under Jose, and he aint been seen since. And @ Real he was alright, but VdV & Robben were more important to the team than he was.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
VdV gets unnecessary hate. When healthy, everything creative going forward seems to go through him. Bit of a c*nt but very useful as far as I'm concerned.

I agree, was thinking more about their time in Real. I seem to remember Sneijder playing alot more than him while VdV mostly came off the bench.