Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Watching ep. 3 of Bros with no game, has anyone actually done speed dating?

I feel like it's something that I only ever see in movies, no one I know has ever done it before, never even heard of a speed dating event go down.

Think I would go to one if it ever popped up, sounds like utter fukkery honestly :blessed:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXv2exiuGjM"]Little Brother - All For You - YouTube[/ame]

Little Brother :salute:

I loved these dudes. I remember seeing them at Black Cat for the GetBack album.

Last edited by a moderator:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps

I remember when The Listening came out and we all learned that 9th did these beats on Fruity Loops, a lot of us were inspired and DL'd Fruity Loops (DL'd off DC ++, the GOAT) and tried to make beats our selves. :pachaha: :snoop:

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
@mastermind how you gonna post Slum without posting this :noah:

"Dont sell yaaaaaaself" :ahh:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s732BigTxZk[/ame]

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
:whoa: They're backpackers with no charisma. Plus Phonte was always crying about something.

The Minstrel Show was good tho.

shakehead.gif

EQ.

Mansur Brown - "Heiwa"
Daps
Reppin
Sunhymns
Mashed my first hoodrat chick to this

"I be serving that ass like a bar-ten-er" :ahh:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFW8lY0q-w0[/ame]

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
:whoa: They're backpackers with no charisma. Plus Phonte was always crying about something.

The Minstrel Show was good tho.
:beli:

The Listening is a classic album. GetBack was sick too.

They had charisma, but I will agree about Phonte whining over everything.

And even tho they had backpacker personalities, thats not backpacker music. listened to A LOT of backpacker music in that period, it didnt sound like that at all.

speaking of backpacker music, this was my favorite backpacker song... probably ever

@mastermind how you gonna post Slum without posting this :noah:

"Dont sell yaaaaaaself" :ahh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s732BigTxZk

oh nah, I was only stanning the post- slum Village stuff and reminiscing of that era. People were dressing like John Legend in that video. :krs:

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
backpacker rap was awesome. i don't care what anyone says. not sure if there's a "backpacker" scene today, but mid-late 90s backpacker shyt was one of my favorite subgenres as a youngn

saw little brother at the black cat when they were on tour for the listening :win:
great experience, that club can be a great place with the right act. i've been in there going stupid to weird electro music, DC hardcore bands, and groups like little brother.

went to a dilla tribute show there about 2 years ago, one of the worst shows i've ever seen. nothing worse than the crowds at dilla tributes, even tho they're for a good cause yadda yadda.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
ive never been to a bad concert at one of those small halls. On everything, from listening to some dubstep, R&B, rap, go-go, etc. 9:30 club and Black Cat are nice venues. I prefer those spots than Constitution Hall, or Verizon Center (oh gawd no!).

Backpacker music was dope to me until the mid 2000s when wack acts like Immortal Technique and Jedi Mind Tricks came into the fore.

but for me, I consider shyt from acts like brother ali, masta ace, murs, even blu and exile as backpacker music.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUuiDXI5OYI"]Brother Ali - Picket Fence - YouTube[/ame]

My favorite albino :blessed:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Brother Ali :laugh:

I was so misinformed about that dude. I remember sitting with my brother listening to it and he was like, "Is this dude black?"

"Yeah, he's black, but albino I think"

"I don't know, he definitely sounds white"

"Dunno, he hangs out with Atmosphere and is from Minnesota, so there you go"

For the longest I legitimately thought Brother Ali was a black albino :snoop:

Anyone remember that Wu-Tang does the Indie Culture album?

Backpacker heaven.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps

he was very nice with it.

I thought Brother Ali was black too, at first... then I realized he a white albino muslim. Very interesting mix there :ehh: