Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I know you mentioned you picked up footy but based on this comment on bad performance and recent history, you should watch

8-2 , ManU vs Arsenal (:wow:, I still get chills from this)
6-1, ManCity vs ManU
Messi vs Arsenal
5-2 Arsenal vs Spurs
Sounds like a plan. :mjgrin:

merklman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
N17
I feel bad for ten Hag, but man, did he fukk up this transfer window.

I know he didn't want to go through another rebuild at Ajax, but he should have stayed. Didn't he turn down the Tottenham job before he took this?

De Gea is absolutely washed, BTW. He doesn't challenge for balls sent into the box, so if he's going to give up soft goals and play shyt passes out of the back, they might as well have started Dean Henderson.
No, Spurs interviewed him then turned him down :dead:

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
I'm still here, happy that the season finally started. Today's game had shyt refereeing, but it's the beginning of the beginning of the season. New tactics and new players right

Xavi messed up today, but I have faith in bro.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Man u has struggled to get players since the last days of SAF.

Tbh thats always been a problem at United since the turn of the 21st century. Yeah they signed Rio and Veron but Peter Kenyon did veto quite a few of Fergie other transfer targets before he left for Chelsea. Could argue it kinda has always been the case at United. In Fergies early days at United when he wanted to kick out all the alcoholics barring Bryan Robson. They wouldn't/struggled to give him the funds. The club was almost sold in 89 to the guy who released that video earlier on in the week about buying United. And thats why United struggled in the league in those early years till 91/92 season title challenge. Then the club floated themselves on the stock exchange back in 91 and then they started renovating OT in the early PL years.

Last edited:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I'm still here, happy that the season finally started. Today's game had shyt refereeing, but it's the beginning of the beginning of the season. New tactics and new players right

Xavi messed up today, but I have faith in bro.

Good to see Barca didnt use you as a lever.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Brighton H
Brent6ford A
Liverpool H
Southampton A
Leicester A
Arsenal H
Palace A
Leeds H
City A
Everton A
Newcastle H
Spurs H
Chelsea A
West Ham H

:hubie::huhldup:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Liverpool H
Southampton A
Leicester A
Arsenal H
Palace A
Leeds H
Nunez-Martinez matchup next week will be fun :francis:

But if ETH can organize the team properly, create a bit of identity and show some progress against Liverpool then Southampton through Leeds are all winnable matches.

Southampton is kind of free falling, Leicester City is continuing poor form from last season. If they win those two then playing Arsenal at home with high confidence can at least push them to a draw.

That's a best case scenario, I'm sure reality will be Jordan Ayew getting a hat-trick :snoop:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Tbh thats always been a problem at United since the turn of the 21st century. Yeah they signed Rio and Veron but Peter Kenyon did veto quite a few of Fergie other transfer targets before he left for Chelsea. Could argue it kinda has always been the case at United. In Fergies early days at United when he wanted to kick out all the alcoholics barring Bryan Robson. They wouldn't/struggled to give him the funds. The club was almost sold in 89 to the guy who released that video earlier on in the week about buying United. And thats why United struggled in the league in those early years till 91/92 season title challenge. Then the club floated themselves on the stock exchange back in 91 and then they started renovating OT in the early PL years.
We used to still get players here and there. But now we are missing on all our targets. Before it was because thr club were not willling to spend the money. Now thy are spending ALOT of money and are not targeting proper players

Last edited: