Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Ten Hag actually cancelled the teams day off. :russ:

Too phucking right.

But don't the players generally come in the day after a match for recovery work anyway?

On another note. We know majority of the fanbase hates Slabhead as captain. BUT apart from C Tart and going off yesterday's performance by the whole team I don't really see any other outstanding candidate to take the armband? :jbhmm:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
We used to still get players here and there. But now we are missing on all our targets. Before it was because thr club were not willling to spend the money. Now thy are spending ALOT of money and are not targeting proper players
Even last ten years of Fergie's reign signing a new midfielder became a running joke. From playing Alan Smith in midfield, claiming Owen Hargreaves coming back from injury (for three consecutive years) would be like a new signing, to bringing back blind Scholes it was always a struggle to bring someone in.

SAF would occasionally sign a big name that was already in England, because foreign stars wouldn't set foot in Manchester, but now after Maguire/AWB debacles club is scared to splash cash on 'proven' Premier League talents.

Ill-Yaz

FA Cup winning fan
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Too phucking right.

But don't the players generally come in the day after a match for recovery work anyway?

On another note. We know majority of the fanbase hates Slabhead as captain. BUT apart from C Tart and going off yesterday's performance by the whole team I don't really see any other outstanding candidate to take the armband? :jbhmm:

Your right. We actually need to sign a leader this transfer window :laugh:

But seriously why would anyone listen to Maguire when the chips are down? What has he achieved?

If Ronaldo make a u-turn on his decision to leave, he would be my captain all day long.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
They gon be mad and tired :russ::russ:
I knew ETH would struggle when he banned personal chefs, cell phones and created diet plans for them. But an extra training session that can't be bragged about on social media is a redline for these United players :skip:

Last edited:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Even last ten years of Fergie's reign signing a new midfielder became a running joke. From playing Alan Smith in midfield, claiming Owen Hargreaves coming back from injury (for three consecutive years) would be like a new signing, to bringing back blind Scholes it was always a struggle to bring someone in.

SAF would occasionally sign a big name that was already in England, because foreign stars wouldn't set foot in Manchester, but now after Maguire/AWB debacles club is scared to splash cash on 'proven' Premier League talents.
Yes that was because the club was not willing to “overpay” for players. But now its different, they are spending a lot money. Think united is top 3 most money spent in the pst decade or something. A couple millions(30-40 million less) lower net spend than city or something.

this to me indicates that the people making football decisions are not good. Hence the open heart surgery from RR.

and fukk around we all might owe Ole Gunnar Solkjar and Mourinho apologies. Because they clearly were not at the top of the things wrong with the club.

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Whoever ETH brings in is going to have to be young and/or patient, because this is going to take some time. I know ETH is saying things like "I only accept challening", but saying that is either ignoring the situation Man U is in, or he's just trying to get the fans on his side. Arteta's 2nd and 3rd seasons (1st and 2nd full seasons), nikkas was not having this "trust the process" mess, and we were saying "We should be challenging", but we all knew the collection of players were shyt. We still expected top 4 with players who proved they were trash. I do admit there were some runs where I was like Arteta gotta go, but overall patience has been required and still is. Once Man U gets all the bums of the books, then you can better judge ETH.