Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Yo for the 35th time what is the link to the fantasy league?

You lazy phuck.

What you've all been waiting for 22/23 Fantasy Football

Classic

H2H

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps

Season hasn't started yet and it's looking peak for us already. :snoop:

How much is Zieych? @SCORCH Might as well call us Ajaxchester United. :mjlol:

Man-Utd-Ole-Gunnar-Solskjaer-Odion-Ighalo-Chelsea-1244279.jpg

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Watching All or Nothing. I feel like the Arteta hand rubbing team exercise thing will be a meme, and the fact that it worked won't matter a bit. :russ:

EDIT: No wonder Mikel did that YNWA nonsense with those little ass speakers in training, Anfield left that man traumatized.

Last edited:

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Do they? It's hard to tell. They probably beat Norwich and Villa because they are more talented, not because of whatever silly kindergarten activity Arteta does with them before the match.

The hand rubbing circle exercise was before an away match at Leicester, far from an easy win at that time. And it worked.

I get that some of the oddball stuff Arteta tries is weird, but there's only so many times you can yell at your team to fukking do your job, fukking run your heart out, and make no mistakes.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Do they? It's hard to tell. They probably beat Norwich and Villa because they are more talented, not because of whatever silly kindergarten activity Arteta does with them before the match.

Arsenal lost to United and Everton then he kicked Auba out about a week later and the team reacted positively to it. :manny:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
The hand rubbing circle exercise was before an away match at Leicester, far from an easy win at that time. And it worked.

I get that some of the oddball stuff Arteta tries is weird, but there's only so many times you can yell at your team to fukking do your job, fukking run your heart out, and make no mistakes.

Exactly. The old school approach doesn't realy work anymore if you do it all the time. You have to think outside of the box. You don't want to keep on saying the same message over and over again in the same manner it gets boring and tuned out after a while. Players are different nowadays you have to engage their minds more.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Exactly. The old school approach doesn't realy work anymore if you do it all the time. You have to think outside of the box. You don't want to keep on saying the same message over and over again in the same manner it gets boring and tuned out after a while. Players are different nowadays you have to engage their minds more.

:dead:

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Onana & Cornet going to West Ham, and Filip Kostic are also on their list. Still they're trying to get more signings.

Think if West Ham carry on the form they had last season, they could be favorites for the Conference League.

Think Villarreal will probably win it though.

Most Premier League teams are strengthening... :francis:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Onana & Cornet going to West Ham, and Filip Kostic are also on their list. Still they're trying to get more signings.

Think if West Ham carry on the form they had last season, they could be favorites for the Conference League.

Think Villarreal will probably win it though.

Most Premier League teams are strengthening... :francis:

I think Cornet is instead of Kostic. Once Barca decided they were interested in Kostic West Ham decided to pulled out.

:skip:

I think Kostic stays as Frankfurt have CL unless another CL team comes in for him.

Daps

Arsenal lost to United and Everton then he kicked Auba out about a week later and the team reacted positively to it. :manny:
I would set the Auba thing aside because that is less motivational stuff and more trying to address personalities in the locker room stuff. I'm talking more about the motivational man management stuff, and believe me, I get that Arteta genuinely cares about his players' emotional states. But it's very pop-psychology type stuff that he's trying.

As for the hand rubbing circle, "it worked" is probably too much to say there (though I am only through ep 2 with the drawings, the speech before the first derby day, etc ). There could be any number of reasons that Arsenal won a tough game at the King Power that had nothing to do with his attempts at psychological fortification before the match.

We also see when it doesn't work, like the YNWA stuff in the preview.

Is it possible that this stuff works for some players? Sure. I am just saying that I am skeptical. If a grown man drew a cartoon heart and brain holding hands to remind me to play passionately, but also within the plan, I would be insulted. :manny:

Last edited: