Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

What a transfer window for Roma so far. Dybala on a free transfer, Vidic free, Gini on loan, Zeki Celik for 7m.

Bailly on loan and Belotti on a free coming soon :wow:

jose-mourinho-mourinho.gif

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I would set the Auba thing aside because that is less motivational stuff and more trying to address personalities in the locker room stuff. That is man management, and I get the sense that Arteta genuinely cares about his players' emotional states.

As for the hand rubbing circle, "it worked" is probably too much to say there (though I am only through ep 2 with the drawings, the speech before the first derby day, etc ). There could be any number of reasons that Arsenal won a tough game at the King Power that had nothing to do with his attempts at psychological fortification before the match.

We also see when it doesn't work, like the YNWA stuff in the preview.

Is it possible that this stuff works for some players? Sure. I am just saying that I am skeptical. If a grown man drew a cartoon heart and brain holding hands to remind me to play passionately, but also within the plan, I would be insulted. :manny:

Motivation is part of man management.

I don't think you can put the Auba thing to aside. 2 bad results and then the club captain and a well liked member of the team is banished. Its not a team of senior pros who can just move on it was the youngest team in the PL. The fact that Arsenal were scoring goals in the run after removing Auba from the squad tells me that there was no motivational issues with the squad. They could of easily struggled to score after that situation happened. If thst happened what would you of called that a lack of motivating the players?

Now the heart and brain drawing. They won the game after that and beat Spurs. Looked like it worked to me. :hubie:
Youve worked with or know people who dont get verbal messages straight away right? Because everyone knows at least someone like this whether it's a colleague family member friend etc.. Some people need to see messages visually to get the point everyone processes information differently. Just because YOU don't need it someone else just might need that reconfirmation.

Now this is a key point youre missing it's a multi lingual changing room. English isn't everyone's first language or understands it fully. And because they are playing Spurs he needs to make sure everyone gets the message clearly. How are you going to do that?

Not every idea is going to work but considering Arsenal have been smashed at Anfield regularly over the past 5-6 years and usually the game has been done after 20-30mins. Why not try something out of the box. Iirc Arsenal did alright in the first half only conceded 1. So the idea seem to have some benefit and work to a degree but in the end they got overpowered by Liverpool and the Anfield crowd.

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
Man, I can't wait for tomorrow. I've had a week full of interviews but I made sure not to schedule any for tomorrow. A) I need to watch this game, and B) if we lose, I'm not going to be in any mood to talk to strangers #COYG🔴⚪

BlackBall

Superstar
Daps
Arteta is an utter clown of a man and would be better off being a preacher or something, his speeches are extremely cringeworthy and you can see the boredom in the players eyes listening to him.

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
Arteta is an utter clown of a man and would be better off being a preacher or something, his speeches are extremely cringeworthy and you can see the boredom in the players eyes listening to him.

Actually think his best attribute as a manager is that his players clearly follow him despite his inexperience.

Daps
Motivation is part of man management.

I don't think you can put the Auba thing to aside. 2 bad results and then the club captain and a well liked member of the team is banished. Its not a team of senior pros who can just move on it was the youngest team in the PL. The fact that Arsenal were scoring goals in the run after removing Auba from the squad tells me that there was no motivational issues with the squad. They could of easily struggled to score after that situation happened. If thst happened what would you of called that a lack of motivating the players?

Now the heart and brain drawing. They won the game after that and beat Spurs. Looked like it worked to me. :hubie:
Youve worked with or know people who dont get verbal messages straight away right? Because everyone knows at least someone like this whether it's a colleague family member friend etc.. Some people need to see messages visually to get the point everyone processes information differently. Just because YOU don't need it someone else just might need that reconfirmation.

Now this is a key point youre missing it's a multi lingual changing room. English isn't everyone's first language or understands it fully. And because they are playing Spurs he needs to make sure everyone gets the message clearly. How are you going to do that?

Not every idea is going to work but considering Arsenal have been smashed at Anfield regularly over the past 5-6 years and usually the game has been done after 20-30mins. Why not try something out of the box. Iirc Arsenal did alright in the first half only conceded 1. So the idea seem to have some benefit and work to a degree but in the end they got overpowered by Liverpool and the Anfield crowd.
Just going to agree to disagree, bruh, but I do appreciate your perspective. I think your best point is probably the different English levels in the room, but even so, he still has to do a much better job of tuning his pitches to people of all English levels from what I am seeing.