Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Bruh,

You're the one linking the laws of the game here and then switching it up to some other stuff.

I don't remember seeing "Falkland" anywhere in the laws of the game. Didn't see "Malvinas", "breh", or "brehdom" either.

it's in the spirit of the game that i quoted.

cheating africa out of the world cup in africa's first tournament is not in the spirit of the game, even though by the other rules suarez got punished and ghana should have scored the pen.

beating england is central to the spirit of the game. always.

anyway i don't care enough to go in circles about it.

maradona yes. suarez no :ufdup:

i have spoken
Screenshot-2022-07-05-at-20-05-35-removebg-preview.png

Max B

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
tdot
Like I said, Chelsea and Manchester United have not really made any progressive moves in the transfer market.

Liverpool sold three attackers including one of their most valuable players. Mane was a workhorse that also contributed goals. I think they will feel his abscene in the squad. Plus they don't have any serious depth. I think Klopp has gotten the best out of this squad as constituted. You would need to make a move like City did for Haaland in order to stay at the same level or improve further. Mane has been proven in the Prem, Darwin Nunez has not.

Arsenal have made some good transfers. Gabriel imo is a steal. He is an underrated striker (remember he often came off the bench). He has the potential to be the top scorer in the league the way Arsenal attacks.

Chelsea have not improved at all. Sterling is not really an improvement and there is a lot of uncertainty in the locker room. I think the team will struggle this season. United have not improved at all. They even had Ronaldo publicly wanting out. They aren't able to attract the same talent anymore.
It’s unbelievable you would think you would have a chance second place. Even with pool lack of depth they will still be battling for the league. You can’t forget spurs who have improved significantly along with having a coach on conte is absurd that you would think arsenal would finished above them it’s been 7 seasons the last time arsenal finished above spurs even during their shyt seasons :russ:

247Alex

Pro
Daps
It’s unbelievable you would think you would have a chance second place. Even with pool lack of depth they will still be battling for the league. You can’t forget spurs who have improved significantly along with having a coach on conte is absurd that you would think arsenal would finished above them it’s been 7 seasons the last time arsenal finished above spurs even during their shyt seasons :russ:
I think 2nd is a stretch but they might challenge for top4 this season.
hopefully they can stay healthy

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
I think Argentina is winning this WC. It should be England, but Southgate is at the wheel.

France’s midfield isn’t as strong as before (Kante and Pogba’s fitness is in question). Grizzou been out of form and DD hasn’t really brought any new creative midfielders to the fray.

Germany ain’t it right now and Belgium has regressed as a unit. Netherlands I don’t see as a deep threat because they lack a clinical striker.

Portugal is a shout but they get in their own way.

I could really see South America making the most out of this WC. I think we could see a resurgent Uruguay.

merklman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
N17
Like I said, Chelsea and Manchester United have not really made any progressive moves in the transfer market.

Liverpool sold three attackers including one of their most valuable players. Mane was a workhorse that also contributed goals. I think they will feel his abscene in the squad. Plus they don't have any serious depth. I think Klopp has gotten the best out of this squad as constituted. You would need to make a move like City did for Haaland in order to stay at the same level or improve further. Mane has been proven in the Prem, Darwin Nunez has not.

Arsenal have made some good transfers. Gabriel imo is a steal. He is an underrated striker (remember he often came off the bench). He has the potential to be the top scorer in the league the way Arsenal attacks.

Chelsea have not improved at all. Sterling is not really an improvement and there is a lot of uncertainty in the locker room. I think the team will struggle this season. United have not improved at all. They even had Ronaldo publicly wanting out. They aren't able to attract the same talent anymore.
:patrice::sas2: think we need to bookmark this post and revisit next May . . . . (or earlier :youngsabo:)

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
I'm a Chelsea fan, so no...