Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Barca could be a problem next season. The legit have 2 proper front three's

Fati - Lewa - Raphina
Torres - Auba - Dembele

Still got Depay and Traore for options although seems like Depay getting shipped off.

Yea idk what they were thinking with Lambeau field. Chicago would have even been better.

Other clubs did it well going to SF, LA, Vegas, Orlando etc.
I’m sure the financial aspects were damn good if nothing else. Place was packed.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I can't believe Michy is still a Chelsea player. I thought they had sold him already.

He's not getting 90k a week anywhere else. Hard to move on a player who isn't performing consistently while out on loan. And because he has no recent credit in the bank performance wise. Teams that are interested in him probably arent offering favourable terms for him to permanently leave.

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
Honestly, Chelsea has had a pretty uninspiring off-season.

Didn't like the Sterling signing to be honest. He's a good player when he's on it, but he is fairly inconsistent. I would have even taken Ronaldo for one season over signing him. At least you know that you'll get a player that guarantees goals.

The Koulibaly signing was basically a replacement for Rudiger. Koulibaly may be marginally better than Rudiger, but you also lose someone who was a leader at the club.

So where has the squad actually improved? I don't see it. If I were Tuchel, I would appeal to the owners and let them know that this is a season in transition. The club lost a long-time owner who left somewhat acrimoniously and was beloved by the players. At this stage, the club is one that lacks an identity, and that's why you see players looking to leave, or players somehow reluctant to come.

I'd go all-in and just play the youngsters. Give Gallagher, Broja, Ampadu etc a shot. Club is in desperate need of a creative mid a la Modric, and a 20 goal a season striker. It doesn't have any of that right now. Build on your academy talent for the season and open up the books in the next transfer window.

It didn't even take the thumping against Arsenal to see it, but I felt that Chelsea would be fighting for a fourth place position this season. I see Man City first, Arsenal second, Liverpool third and Chelsea battling for the fourth spot with Tottenham. I know people will disagree with Liverpool, but they've just sold off three attacking players and basically brought it one. They have been fortunate with injuries these past couple seasons (van Dijk aside), but they really lack squad depth. Man Utd has not really improved at all as far as acquiring players.

Other issue Tuchel may be faced with his player discontent. Chelsea has a history of players mutinying against coaches. If he can't shore up the dressing room, then they risk even sliding down mid-table.

Max B

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
tdot
We might be getting Antony after all.

Can see us challenging for the title if that happens.
Lol Antony needs another season with Ajax. I highly they will sell him right now and he’s not going to win you guys a title that’s for damn sure. Guys like gakpo and siniestra had better season than Antony Out of the Dutch league.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Lol Antony needs another season with Ajax. I highly they will sell him right now and he’s not going to win you guys a title that’s for damn sure. Guys like gakpo and siniestra had better season than Antony Out of the Dutch league.
Antony needs the war in Ukraine to end to he can get his money at Shakhtar or Zenit like the rest of them Brazilians :mjgrin:

Low End Derrick

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Honestly, Chelsea has had a pretty uninspiring off-season.

Didn't like the Sterling signing to be honest. He's a good player when he's on it, but he is fairly inconsistent. I would have even taken Ronaldo for one season over signing him. At least you know that you'll get a player that guarantees goals.

The Koulibaly signing was basically a replacement for Rudiger. Koulibaly may be marginally better than Rudiger, but you also lose someone who was a leader at the club.

So where has the squad actually improved? I don't see it. If I were Tuchel, I would appeal to the owners and let them know that this is a season in transition. The club lost a long-time owner who left somewhat acrimoniously and was beloved by the players. At this stage, the club is one that lacks an identity, and that's why you see players looking to leave, or players somehow reluctant to come.

I'd go all-in and just play the youngsters. Give Gallagher, Broja, Ampadu etc a shot. Club is in desperate need of a creative mid a la Modric, and a 20 goal a season striker. It doesn't have any of that right now. Build on your academy talent for the season and open up the books in the next transfer window.

It didn't even take the thumping against Arsenal to see it, but I felt that Chelsea would be fighting for a fourth place position this season. I see Man City first, Arsenal second, Liverpool third and Chelsea battling for the fourth spot with Tottenham. I know people will disagree with Liverpool, but they've just sold off three attacking players and basically brought it one. They have been fortunate with injuries these past couple seasons (van Dijk aside), but they really lack squad depth. Man Utd has not really improved at all as far as acquiring players.

Other issue Tuchel may be faced with his player discontent. Chelsea has a history of players mutinying against coaches. If he can't shore up the dressing room, then they risk even sliding down mid-table.

Man, y'all be doing the most over a pre-season friendly. :pachaha: