Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
I think we were probably hoping we could solve the salary issue, if FDJ wants it all upfront fair enough tbh, i'd be kicking off for it as well if they were trying to force me out.

Hopefully him staying fukks Barca's summer plans up, given they were banking on that money :dead:

I personally have no idea why anyone would want to stay at a club that's willing to sacrifice them to spend beyond their means, but I'm not dutch and brainwashed by the Cruyff/Barca stuff :manny:

Barca will blame him for crippling their wage structure while at the same time trying to sign a 34 yr old for €50m on huge wages. More than a club...indeed.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
I dont understand why the club havent moved on. I assumed FDJ has given ETH the assurance he's interested in a move but this is embarassing now. Really need to move on.

"Deadline" is Friday apparently. :duck:

It's either Tielemans, who I don't think Man Utd want to do business with after ripping themselves off for Maguire.
Or Neves, who Wolves want nearly 75 Mil for.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Honestly having to keep Ronaldo is a much bigger blow than not getting Frenkie. Arnold and Murtough should be flying to every club in the world offering man up for free.

Getting him out is far more crucial to our rebuild at this point.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
Honestly having to keep Ronaldo is a much bigger blow than not getting Frenkie. Arnold and Murtough should be flying to every club in the world offering man up for free.

Getting him out is far more crucial to our rebuild at this point.

I agree with this since he has made it clear that he wants out. I did think if he was all in he would have been a great asset for this season for ETH.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
I agree with this since he has made it clear that he wants out. I did think if he was all in he would have been a great asset for this season for ETH.
Great asset if he didn't take over absolutely everything because of who he is. This summer was meant to be about EtH's rebuild, now it's about Ronaldo.(the way he wants it)

If EtH drops him(which i assume he'll have the balls to do), literally everything will be about him not playing. He'll throw strops, have his agent leak stuff. He's just not worth the hassle anymore imo.

And that's before we even get on to the problems on the pitch with him playing, which are numerous.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
I dont understand why the club havent moved on. I assumed FDJ has given ETH the assurance he's interested in a move but this is embarassing now. Really need to move on.
Because they don't have anyone else to move on to. Every single transfer target has been a ETH request, these dumbfukks haven't scouted or shortlisted anybody.

The writing was on the wall with the whole Ralf Rangnick fiasco. They refused to sign anyone in January, despite obvious to everybody gaping holes in midfield and attack. The excuse was that since he is interim it made no sense to 'waste' money before new manager is hired.

Well then what the fukk is the point of having a DoF, deputy DoF, sporting director, technical director and a whole board if you have no philosophy and no clue how to build a team independent of a manager. Not to mention that none of them even knew who Nkunku was.

Title of Director of Football at United is just an illusion to create an image of a properly run club. When in fact director of football at Manchester United is just a glorified negotiatior/lawyer.

Last edited:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Chelsea get Koulibaly. feels like they should have signed him on atleast 3 different opportunities. Great player though. interesting to see how he gets on in the premier league.:ehh:

He's an upgrade on Ruidger and Christensen. :manny:

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Barcelona’s squad composition makes no sense. They’re loaded with forwards but have very little depth/balance for the rest of the team. I can’t see them being challengers even with the additions they’ve made so far.