Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I‘m not even mad that we sold him. I’m mad that we’d agree to a loan deal with only a £8m future fee. In a world where Liverpool were able to sell Dominic Solanke for £20m, it just shows how bad our transfer team is. After the season he just had, he’s currently valued at £22.5m on Transfermarkt
I don't think any clubs really wanted to touch him, but no clue why Edu included such a low obligation fee for him and Mavropanos. I think they should've had a better obligation fee or don't include that condition in loans if fee is that low. On those two transaction Arsenal lost out on at least £20 extra for those 2 players

Yayo Toure

Mighty Man City
Supporter
Daps
I‘m not even mad that we sold him. I’m mad that we’d agree to a loan deal with only a £8m future fee. In a world where Liverpool were able to sell Dominic Solanke for £20m, it just shows how bad our transfer team is. After the season he just had, he’s currently valued at £22.5m on Transfermarkt

Don't study that too much. Solanke, Brewster, Hooever all sold for ridiculous prices, no one else is pulling off those heists.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
I don't think any clubs really wanted to touch him, but no clue why Edu included such a low obligation fee for him and Mavropanos. I think they should've had a better obligation fee or don't include that condition in loans if fee is that low. On those two transaction Arsenal lost out on at least £20 extra for those 2 players

Arsenal have been exceptionally bad over the last 10 years when it comes to selling youngsters. We’ve sold Donyell Malen, Yunus Musah, Ismael Bennacer & Serge Gnabry for pennies on the pound and we can add Guendozi and Mavrapanos to that list. I don’t understand why we consistently sell low on these youngsters.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

I wouldn't take too much notice of transfermarkt valuations they are known to be all over the place.

You cannot compare selling within country to selling outside. That's a tax you have to pay regardless. Happens in all leagues. Marseille are broke boys and how much loan fee did they get for him last summer? You have to add that on to the transfer. Arsenal wanted shot of him and he wanted to leave. After last season at Hertha his value was at its lowest.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
I wouldn't take too much notice of transfermarkt valuations they are known to be all over the place.

You cannot compare selling within country to selling outside. That's a tax you have to pay regardless. Happens in all leagues. Marseille are broke boys and how much loan fee did they get for him last summer? You have to add that on to the transfer. Arsenal wanted shot of him and he wanted to leave. After last season at Hertha his value was at its lowest.

I feel like the shrewd thing to do would have been loaning him out without the optional future fee in hopes that he plays well and ups his value. Guendozi would have had 2 years left on his deal so they would have still been able to retain some value.

TheFryingDutchman

Grad School is killing me:damn:
Daps
MLS got 2.5 Billi for their streaming rights from Apple TV. It's gonna be separate from Apple TV+ sorta like league pass for NBA.

I'm not a fan of the deal, but the league could use the money and now they have no excuse to raise the salary cap.