Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps

A lot of activity :mjgrin:

FU4b-WLb-WIAEkc-n.jpg

Max B

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
tdot

Canada looking a little different now that they're playing away concacaf games with fans in the stands again and losing their composure, eh? :jbhmm:

It’s nations league game bud. They tied both usa and Mexico away with their fans there in meaningful games called World Cup qualifiers lol. what are you on about ?

Max B

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
tdot
After this bissouma signing we need to go hard for bastoni and another attacking forward

concise

Veteran
Daps
It’s nations league game bud. They tied both usa and Mexico away with their fans there in meaningful games called World Cup qualifiers lol. what are you on about ?

yea, in reduced capacity games cuz of covid. :laugh:

Nations League doubles as qualifiers for the Gold Cup now also, so don't act like they're completely meaningless. :umad:

Nations League and Gold Cup also going to be the only competitive games for USA/CAN/MX due to hosting the next WC, let's see you boys keep up. :mjpls:

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
So they're really having four Nations League matches in a row :picard:

I was surprised when they played three but this is crazy.

beejus

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Red, White, & Stonewashed Blue since '94
I see that Canada got Concacaf'd last night in Honduras :russ: , welcome to the big boys table Canada :mjlit:

Eta: look at this pitch y'all:dead:

This is why I still laugh when people think Concacaf is a cake walk. Yes, the competition is not nearly as good, but the playing conditions are usually pretty poor for away games. Rough pitch, humidity, elevations, passionate fans (different from Western European passionate fans) and Concacaf refs.

Last edited:

J Money

No weapon formed against me shall prosper
Daps
Gareth Soughtate really still england manager after 6 years of mediocrity...

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Disgrachamps

The anti Arteta brigade hanging their hat on Guendouzi to keep the narrative alive is :dead: He nothing more than an exotic McTominay :mjpls:

I‘m not even mad that we sold him. I’m mad that we’d agree to a loan deal with only a £8m future fee. In a world where Liverpool were able to sell Dominic Solanke for £20m, it just shows how bad our transfer team is. After the season he just had, he’s currently valued at £22.5m on Transfermarkt