Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I think its like that in every country. If they arent a regular by 20-22 then its:skip:

I guess fame even tho most of them done fukk all to deserve it or the stupid money they get fukks them up more than anywhere else. Just look at Theo he was more famous before he even kicked a ball for Arsenal in the EPL, not his fault just our cultural

Tbh if it wasnt for West Ham, Liverpool & United the England team would of been fukked since 1996 for young players makin it too the senior level.

Villa had a lot of those guys, and the fact that they all get time while he never does stands out to me. Never thought he was that good, tbh. :ld:

Hes probably a 442 striker but because the games changed and more single striker formations are common in the EPL and cause he has a bit of pace and a trick or 2 he gets played on the wing and that he feels isnt his game. Thats where he plays for England u21, then again i would be pissed if Marvin Sordell was chosen ahead of me to play upfront.

I just want another Gazza type of talent :bryan: just without the fukkery attached to it. shyt I wish for another Steve McManaman type, very underrated in this country tbh

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If Mourinho goes to Man City :snoop:

I'm one of Mou's biggest fans but I think everyone deep down knows that he's merely an impact short term manager.

I guess it's ok, give people the success they crave and some shred of 'history'

Yep but those 3-4 years are so great the collateral damage is almost worth it. We've lived off the team he nurtured for another 5-6 years.

Mourinho's problems with the press in Italy and Spain shows how stupid the English press is.

He used to just take the piss out of them and they thought he was laughing with them.

I remember once in his first season he said something like "why don't you ever ask me what style I'm going to play or for team news". He was begging for technical questions after they just kept asking the most irrelevant shyt. When they did ask what the team was he just said "too late" and bounced :heh:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
yea sahin said he was being played out of position(in the hole) and that was a few weeks ago(hasnt played since then)...he can easily play with lucas as a double pivot and gerrard playing off Suarez...but u know rodgers loves Allen and for some reason loves playing gerrard deeper..Sahin is more of a long passer like xabi alonso and rodgers likes those that keep it simple with short passes(sahin can do that too but like he said he has been played out of position)

Like i said before Rodgers doesnt really have a plan B, its short passin or nothing and tbh, that limits you, which Barca found out last season ( keep doin the same sit for so long people will eventually adjust) and its funny, Barca this season been a bit more direct in their play and they got a record pts and wins @ the Xmas break. I'm sure Sterling and Suarez would benefit even more from long balls to run into all that space they would have. Swansea vs Newcastle last season Swansea had about 75% of the possession and only had about 2 shots that trouble the keeper everything else was blocked, Newcastle had about 3 chances all ggame and scored twice.

Really and truly Gerrard has had a wasted career in that every coach hes had has tried to play him as a CM/wide because of his athleticism but really hes always been a AM maybe even a SS. But it took about 6/7 years to find his actual position.

Grams

Grams Grands Gucci G'd Up
Daps
Reppin
Eastside
So Citteh can literally pull a League title out their ass but brehs wanna get at United? :russ:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
:duck:

you grew up on kicking it over top to the fast kid

How you think Arsenal won the FA & League Cup in 93 and the CWC in 94. Long ball to Smith, nod down to Wright to do his magic, goal.

Long ball to the tall front man, thats what most teams played when growin up in the 80's and early 90's. Now if we talkin about when I played for the school team then yeah your right but then again thats how Sunday league football is still played today

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
FYI as you didnt see that season for yourself.

Barca were the most entertainin side in Spain that year, scored about 150 goals that season in all comps. Real only won the league by 2 pts and they had the best coach in the world in Capello had Suker, Mijatovic & Raul upfront, Seedorf, Redondo in midfield, 2 of the best young fbs in the world in Roberto Carlos & Panucci and a world cup winning keeper in Illgner. And still won 3 trophies, not bad for someone who was shytted on for his tactics and style of play. Robsons teams played better football than Mourinhos

Dude had the defensive skills of Nani. Why he wasn't a straight up winger I'll never understand.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
He used to just take the piss out of them and they thought he was laughing with them.

I remember once in his first season he said something like "why don't you ever ask me what style I'm going to play or for team news". He was begging for technical questions after they just kept asking the most irrelevant shyt. When they did ask what the team was he just said "too late" and bounced :heh:
I fukks with Mourinho's trolling the press.

But yeah, the football media in England have gotten shown up by the Italians and Spaniards over these last 4 seasons. Clown operations confirmed even more than before.

How you think Arsenal won the FA & League Cup in 93 and the CWC in 94. Long ball to Smith, nod down to Wright to do his magic, goal.

Long ball to the tall front man, thats what most teams played when growin up in the 80's and early 90's. Now if we talkin about when I played for the school team then yeah your right but then again thats how Sunday league football is still played today

:whoa:

I was just fukking with you.

noodles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
More overrated?

Brendan Rogers or these trash players?

Lol@ getting Champs League with only 2 top players, Suarez and Sterling.

Stevie G is washed like Lampard now..

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Dude had the defensive skills of Nani. Why he wasn't a straight up winger I'll never understand.

His pace would get him out of trouble and you have to remember Brasil back in the 90's still played with a double pivot in midfield 4222, had 2 holders who would sit infront of the defence to create a square which alllowed the fb's to push on as high as they did. Then the 2 creators would come inside or if they went with a player like Denilson then it would just be overload fukkery.

Roberto Carlos probably started out a winger but in Brasil they like a dime a dozen out there, so then they will convert wingers to FB positions and also with the way Brasil play, it helped the FB's more as they had more space to run into as they went unopposited with all the space it would help create 2 v1's on the overlap in the final 3rd. Much like Dani alves when he played as more conventional winger for Barca last season when they went to a 343, he didnt look as good when he played FB in their 433 because of the lack of space he had to run into, he basically became to easily to mark as a RW/RM then as a RB

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
:whoa:

I was just fukking with you.

But what you said was half true tho.

At school/sunday teams the fastest kid would play upfront to use his speed, even if he had Heskey touch, so technically your right about that. But in the 1st Div Champ era, Mick Harford, Straight Fashanu made a career of being physical target men back in the late 80's as did Hughes, Andy Gray, Graeme Sharp known for kickin lumps out of defenders also. its only in the early 90's that Wright, Les Ferdinand, Fowler, Shearer changed that approach of what your main central striker ha

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Yep but those 3-4 years are so great the collateral damage is almost worth it. We've lived off the team he nurtured for another 5-6 years.

Inter on the other hand :usure:

That press conference moment is one if my faves. If you notice they all start laughing then Mourinho starts laughing but is making fun of them.

Playing like a fiddle.