Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Roberto Firmino

#GoonLife
Daps
Reppin
Naija
Here are 10 amazing stats from Origi’s time at Liverpool

– Origi has scored six goals from 10 appearances in the Merseyside derby. He’s scored twice as many goals against Everton than any other side in his playing career.

– The Belgian averages a goal every 56.5 minutes against Everton in the Premier League.

– Despite only being introduced in the 61st minute, Origi completed more passes (nine) than seven of Everton’s starting XI. Demarai Gray was the only Everton player to register more attempts at goal.

– Only Steven Gerrard has score more Premier League goals for Liverpool against Everton. Origi is now tied with Robbie Fowler in joint-second place for Premier League Merseyside derby goals.

– His all-important pre-assist for Liverpool’s opener in their latest 2-0 win over their city rivals came within just a minute of his introduction. The lay-off to Salah was his first touch.

– 12 (30%) of Origi’s goals for Liverpool have come as a substitute. Half of his six goals against Everton have come after he was introduced from the bench.

– 15 (37.5%) of Origi’s goals for the Reds have been scored after the 75th minute. He’s also scored four goals in injury time.

– All four of Origi’s injury-time goals for Liverpool have proven important. His first in the 96th minute against West Brom was an equaliser in a 2-2 draw. His second was his famous Merseyside derby in the 96th minute against Everton. His 94th-minute equaliser against Arsenal in the League Cup made it 5-5 and Liverpool went on to win on penalties. The latest was his 94th-minute match-winner in the 1-0 win at Wolves in December.

– Origi has six goals and three assists for Liverpool this season. That’s one more direct goal contribution than Manchester City’s £100million signing Jack Grealish, despite playing 1846 minutes fewer in all competitions.

– The striker averages a goal or an assist every 62 minutes this season. To put that in context, Cristiano Ronaldo averages a goal contribution every 118 minutes. Karim Benzema averages one every 66 minutes. Mohamed Salah averages a goal contribution every 82 minutes for Liverpool in 2021-22.

GOAT really is from another realm :wow:

Might really go Milan and fukk around and win that Ballon d’Or :wow:

Please don’t go :mjcry:

Kloppo’s comments give me some faint hope it’s not all done and dusted yet :to:

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ballack running and screaming at that bald dannish prick of a ref still kills me:russ:
What a fukking robbery. Uefa rly wanted that Barca vs United final
I'm getting old, this the Drogba 'it's a fukking disgraceee' What did the ref do again? not give a penalty?

ciubaca

Superstar
Daps
I'm getting old, this the Drogba 'it's a fukking disgraceee' What did the ref do again? not give a penalty?

I cant rly remember ... but he had 3 or 4 calls in that game that had me :picard: and im a barca fan. I was ashamed because barca got trough like that.

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To early to tell... he did some great things after he joined barca tho. Im just happy not to see that smug dutch fraud Hoemann on the bench.
Ngl, not a fan of managers not in suits, looks like a 2 bob mob to me. Idk about his coaching skills but he was hailed in them middle east leagues.

More like 5 of em. UEFA absolutely stole that game to jumpstart the new Barca era

Idk if it was fixed, football was nuts those days still icl...prob still match fixing to this day. didn't Matt Le Tissier say he bet on himself one game, kicked the ball outta play first 20secs lol. Footie bants