Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps

Ralf is brilliant but has unfortunately been extremely unlucky in his time at United. Dropping 8 points to Villa, Burnley, Southampton and Watford. All matches, except maybe Southampton, they dominated and should have won easily. And also FA cup loss to Middlesbrough with 7 clear goal scoring chances :snoop:

And because of Ralf's misfortune the club will continue it's mediocrity with a Sporting Director, Deputy Sporting Director, Chief Negotiator and Technical Director who haven't got a clue. United would be miles better with Ralf at the top running things.

I still can't get over the fact that Darren Fletcher interviewed Ralf for the job :mindblown: Ralf has been longer in football than Fletcher has been alive, that sit down must have been embarrassing :scust:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
It's not nonsense, you on that 100% cac textbook right now :mjlol:

If Roman is being sanctioned, call a spade a spade - why aren't the Saudi owners of Newcastle being sanctioned? Correct me if i'm wrong but Romans money has only just been discovered by the UK Govt to be dirty blood money and he has links to Russian Govt who are bombing Ukraine back to the stone age right?
Within 3 weeks they hit Roman with sanctions, how long before the Saudi NUFC owners get the same treatment :mjgrin:

Or do we think the the Saudis bombing Yemen with British weapons is all good in the hood:mjlol:

The word is hypocrisy
You’ve either not read my posts or you’re an idiot.

I don’t think the Saudis should even have even been allowed to buy Newcastle, and think them bombing Yemen and violating in human rights is bad. All you’re doing is literally proving my point about the "You can't talk about a bad thing unless you talk about all the bad things" shyte.

“Cure aids? So you think cancer is ok?:damn:

:camby:

Last edited:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Congrats on being the most miserable 15 year old in human history. :wow:

But why is that nonsense?

The government deciding Abramovich is bad whilst being in bed with other Russians like Lebedev is outrageously hypocritical.

Where's the whataboutery in that statement?

I've made a point about how the government is treating a corrupt Russian owner of a football club and comparing it to their other dealings with another corrupt Russian. This isn't me making a random point about Saudi ownership of Newcastle but an entirely related point.

You agree it's bad and anybody worth their salt would agree. So why would I, as a supporter of a club that's under severe strain right now, not want to point that out?
Again you’re taking a call out of Abramovich as an approval of the government being in bed with other Russians, I mean wtf? it’s nonsense logic.

All of it is bad, what aren’t you getting?

Where have I said “The sanctions on Abramovich are good but they shouldn’t sanction any other russians?”:mindblown:

Yes the government are being hypocrites, where have I argued they aren’t?

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
10 men rape 10 women, the police decide to let 9 go but convict and imprison one.

Some of you:

“This isn’t fair, they should let that 1 rapist go because they didn’t convict the others.”

We get it, the system is broken and the government and society is hypocritical. Doesn’t mean what’s happening to Abramovich is wrong.:manny:

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
It's wrong because the entire club has been politicized. Chelsea is more than an asset. It is an organization with employees who are mostly British or foreign nationals employed in Britain - bus drivers, groundstaff, caretakers etc who will be impacted by sanctions against the club. Also contactors who may now have to have deals cancelled. It's not just the owner or the players. Roman Abramovich has been paying taxes to the British government for all of these years without much fuss. His connections and the rest of Russian oligarchs' connections the Kremlin has been well publicized. It doesn't mean RA agrees with or is a party to Russian policy in the Ukraine. Or are all businessmen in the UK responsible for UK government foreign policy in the rest of world?

The real hypocrisy is not even in the fact that the Saudis were allowed to takeover Newcastle. It's that with all of this granstanding, the United Kingdom continues to import oil and gas from Russia even as they snatch Chelsea from Roman Abramovich. It's a political move that should not be allowed to happen. If the UK government is to takeover the club, they should also takeover operations and ensure the club is taken care of until a suitable bid comes in after a minimum valuation. The club board should in that case have a say in who that new owner or owners is. For anyone that agrees with this move, I hope you never have to experience eminent domain one day.

merklman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
N17
You’ve either not read my posts or you’re an idiot.

I don’t think the Saudis should even have even been allowed to buy Newcastle, and think them bombing Yemen and violating in human rights is bad. All you’re doing is literally proving my point about the "You can't talk about a bad thing unless you talk about all the bad things" shyte.

“Cure aids? So you think cancer is ok?:damn:

:camby:

You are actually a retard man :mjlol: ill let you crack with your dumb ass takes. The Govt have shown it's fukking EASY to drop sanctions on these scumbag owners, Not much else to say if you cant see the hypocrisy. And to your retarded parallel, both Aids and Cancer are being researched for treatment/cures :lolbron: but only the Govt seemed to research in the last 3 weeks about Romans dodgy money :lolbron:But havent yet researched into the NUFC owners dodgy money and wars :lolbron: You a straight dumb ass

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Again you’re taking a call out of Abramovich as an approval of the government being in bed with other Russians, I mean wtf? it’s nonsense logic.

All of it is bad, what aren’t you getting?

Where have I said “The sanctions on Abramovich are good but they shouldn’t sanction any other russians?”:mindblown:

Yes the government are being hypocrites, where have I argued they aren’t?

Yes, all of it is bad...which is why I point out it out as a supporter of a club currently being held hostage by the government. What about that don't you get exactly? Come on man, you have to stop feigning incredulity.

A corrupt Russian escaping sanctions, his newspaper still running as normal, having a KGB agent for a father but still being made a Lord doesn't sit right with me when the club I support is being run into the ground by these sanctions.

I know you don't give a shyt about Chelsea (mid club with racist fans according to your earlier post). It's cool m8, you're a tribal football fan of another club that is ecstatic Chelsea is collateral damage here. Who knows? If I happened to support another club maybe I too would be in here pretending to have been a 15 year old independently researching the intricate details of post-Soviet Russia and what happened to state owned assets. :troll:

It's all good tho, a new owner will arrive shortly and you & everybody else moralising about this situation will move on to the next club soon enough.

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
You see the issue with fans talking about this shyt? They don’t look at it from the POV of a rational human being, that man Gilver is talking from the POV of a United fan happy to see another English club fail.

Best believe he’ll be up in arms if that shyt affected United negatively in anyway, you can’t argue with someone like that.

Notice how fans of teams actually doing well rn don’t even seem to care? Homie thinks this shyt will give United a chance to sneak into the top 4. fukking pathetic :mjlol:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Yes, all of it is bad...which is why I point out it out as a supporter of a club currently being held hostage by the government. What about that don't you get exactly? Come on man, you have to stop feigning incredulity.

A corrupt Russian escaping sanctions, his newspaper still running as normal, having a KGB agent for a father but still being made a Lord doesn't sit right with me when the club I support is being run into the ground by these sanctions.

I know you don't give a shyt about Chelsea (mid club with racist fans according to your earlier post). It's cool m8, you're a tribal football fan of another club that is ecstatic Chelsea is collateral damage here. Who knows? If I happened to support another club maybe I too would be in here pretending to have been a 15 year old independently researching the intricate details of post-Soviet Russia and what happened to state owned assets. :troll:

It's all good tho, a new owner will arrive shortly and you & everybody else moralising about this situation will move on to the next club soon enough.
You’re still arguing against points that I’ve never made.

Roman deserves sanctions, as do other Russians, as do the Saudi’s etc etc

If your whole point is just “you just h8 chelsea cos united are shyt lol” take that rudimentary shyt somewhere else. :camby:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
You are actually a retard man :mjlol: ill let you crack with your dumb ass takes. The Govt have shown it's fukking EASY to drop sanctions on these scumbag owners, Not much else to say if you cant see the hypocrisy. And to your retarded parallel, both Aids and Cancer are being researched for treatment/cures :lolbron: but only the Govt seemed to research in the last 3 weeks about Romans dodgy money :lolbron:But havent yet researched into the NUFC owners dodgy money and wars :lolbron: You a straight dumb ass
You’re just a thick c*nt i’m not even going to bother. At least Scorch can read. :mjlol:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
You see the issue with fans talking about this shyt? They don’t look at it from the POV of a rational human being, that man Gilver is talking from the POV of a United fan happy to see another English club fail.

Best believe he’ll be up in arms if that shyt affected United negatively in anyway, you can’t argue with someone like that.

Notice how fans of teams actually doing well rn don’t even seem to care? Homie thinks this shyt will give United a chance to sneak into the top 4. fukking pathetic :mjlol:
You’re talking about it from the POV of a ‘sport and politics don’t mix’ retard, but you go ahead.

All you man have to fall back on is “its cos united are shyt innit lol”

Literally ignoring the evidence of Roman being a crook thats staring you in the face.

This is how sportswashing works you pawns.:dead:

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
You’re talking about it from the POV of a ‘sport and politics don’t mix’ retard, but you go ahead.

All you man have to fall back on is “its cos united are shyt innit lol”

Literally ignoring the evidence of Roman being a crook thats staring you in the face.

This is how sportswashing works you pawns.:dead:

and you’re speaking from the POV of an inbred United fan with a peanut sized brain. We can’t even have a discussion because you refuse to be objective. Keep going tho :yeshrug:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
and you’re speaking from the POV of an inbred United fan with a peanut sized brain. We can’t even have a discussion because you refuse to be objective. Keep going tho :yeshrug:
Feel free to point out where i’ve not been objective.

You literally think football fans shouldn’t talk about where a clubs money comes from. :scust:

concise

Veteran
Daps
When the fukk did fans start obsessing about where a clubs money comes from? Just shut up and watch the fukking game and talk about shyt that concerns you :gucci:

talking about blood money… :gucci:

you think everything you consume or support is morally upright?:gucci:

What is being done to Chelsea is unfair and excessive

:dead: You can't be serious.
:dead: This is why US sports adopted salary caps, luxury taxes, etc. a long time ago.