Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
I think it's perfectly legitimate that people have these discussions but what I don't understand is picking and choosing who or what to be angry about only when it's convenient.

The UK Government is corrupt to the absolute core and are themselves knee-deep in 'dirty Russian money'.
Again, whataboutery.

"The UK Government is corrupt to the absolute core and are themselves knee-deep in 'dirty Russian money'."

Yes, this is bad, this is wrong, anyone worth their salt would agree. What's your point exactly? Other than "You can't talk about a bad thing unless you talk about all the bad things" which is nonsense.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
British pundits are truly reprehensible. I wish I was bilingual so I wouldn’t have to listen to their nonsense.:hhh:

vHCq43O.png

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
When the fukk did fans start obsessing about where a clubs money comes from? Just shut up and watch the fukking game and talk about shyt that concerns you :gucci:

talking about blood money… :gucci:

you think everything you consume or support is morally upright?:gucci:

What is being done to Chelsea is unfair and excessive
As I said in the last post, this is basically saying "You can't talk about a bad thing unless you talk about all the bad things" which again is BS.

If you think sport and politics aren't massively intertwined you're dumb. They are and always have been.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Nope, I'm saying go after Roman from the jump. From the get go. Not 20 yrs down the line and then claim a moral high ground. LDN coffers been taking that Russian money for ages, but now it's dirty. They've been known it was dirty, the heel turn is disgraceful.

Pillar of modern democracy.

Rule of Law.
Property Rights.
One man, one vote.
Right to fair Trial.

etc

Right to property - Wikipedia

But in practice they can just toss all of that in the long grass.

As Carlin once said (when it boils down to it) "I hate to spoil your fun but ... you have no rights, just temporary privileges"

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I mean I didn’t know everything about the world in 2003 but i wasn’t dumb mate, i was about 15. Even a 15 yo me was into football enough to look in to what was going on.:birdman:

You can’t fool me bro, we know you have to defend Roman because without his money you’d be supporting a mid club with a racist fanbase.

Them petrodollars made you overlook it on some “at least we’re good:mjcry:

Congrats on being the most miserable 15 year old in human history. :wow:

Again, whataboutery.

"The UK Government is corrupt to the absolute core and are themselves knee-deep in 'dirty Russian money'."

Yes, this is bad, this is wrong, anyone worth their salt would agree. What's your point exactly? Other than "You can't talk about a bad thing unless you talk about all the bad things" which is nonsense.

But why is that nonsense?

The government deciding Abramovich is bad whilst being in bed with other Russians like Lebedev is outrageously hypocritical.

Where's the whataboutery in that statement?

I've made a point about how the government is treating a corrupt Russian owner of a football club and comparing it to their other dealings with another corrupt Russian. This isn't me making a random point about Saudi ownership of Newcastle but an entirely related point.

You agree it's bad and anybody worth their salt would agree. So why would I, as a supporter of a club that's under severe strain right now, not want to point that out?

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
I didn’t get to see the entire game because of work, but from what I saw online it looked like it was another solid performance by Atleti. It’s a good sign that we’re playing some of our most consistent football of the season going into the Man U game.

The Observer

All Star
Daps
When the fukk did fans start obsessing about where a clubs money comes from? Just shut up and watch the fukking game and talk about shyt that concerns you :gucci:

talking about blood money… :gucci:

you think everything you consume or support is morally upright?:gucci:

What is being done to Chelsea is unfair and excessive
You must be new to football lol

merklman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
N17
Again, whataboutery.

It's not nonsense, you on that 100% cac textbook right now :mjlol:

If Roman is being sanctioned, call a spade a spade - why aren't the Saudi owners of Newcastle being sanctioned? Correct me if i'm wrong but Romans money has only just been discovered by the UK Govt to be dirty blood money and he has links to Russian Govt who are bombing Ukraine back to the stone age right?
Within 3 weeks they hit Roman with sanctions, how long before the Saudi NUFC owners get the same treatment :mjgrin:

Or do we think the the Saudis bombing Yemen with British weapons is all good in the hood:mjlol:

The word is hypocrisy