Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
So Fifa ban teams for political interference citing the need for sports to be free of politics then go and ban Russia........for political reasons? :gucci:

Don't personally give a fukk about those racists but this is ridiculous from Fifa. What happens if the countries reach a peace agreement tomorrow? Do Russia just slot back in like nothing happened?

concise

Veteran
Daps
So Fifa ban teams for political interference citing the need for sports to be free of politics then go and ban Russia........for political reasons? :gucci:

Don't personally give a fukk about those racists but this is ridiculous from Fifa. What happens if the countries reach a peace agreement tomorrow? Do Russia just slot back in like nothing happened?

Probably. :mjlol:

Daps
Looks like everyone's decided on complete isolation of Russia as a message for doing something militarily that might start a global war. Seems like Russia getting cut off across all fields is being used as a warning.

I don't know if this would work on the U.S. or China, but I guess that everyone else can be targeted like that.

Daps
Marsch taking that job is weird. He's never led a team out from (or from near) the relegation zone. I think he's a good manager, but I don't see how he's a fit for Leeds.

They also just got rid of a manager who plays his way no matter what players he actually has available, so I don't know why they're hiring yet another manager who is like that, except who is also a way worse manager than Bielsa is on Bielsa's worst day.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Marsch taking that job is weird. He's never led a team out from (or from near) the relegation zone. I think he's a good manager, but I don't see how he's a fit for Leeds.

They also just got rid of a manager who plays his way no matter what players he actually has available, so I don't know why they're hiring yet another manager who is like that, except who is also a way worse manager than Bielsa is on Bielsa's worst day.

Im guessing because Marsch football principles are to press and play to attack it won't be the extreme culture shift to the players as it would be if they were to get a defensive minded coach in. It's not just the defence is bad they just aren't scoring enough goals either.

gho3st

plata or plomo
Daps
Reppin
Franck Kessie should stay away from Barcelona because they'll play him defensive mid if he goes there

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Lol what kind of shyt is that

Penalising the national team is one thing as they represent the country, are run by the Russian FA etc

Punishing privately owned clubs for the actions of their govt :patrice:

that depends on who owns or manages it ....
vHCq43O.png

"Leonid Arnoldovich Fedun (Russian: Леонид Арнольдович Федун; born 5 April 1956) is a Russian billionaire businessman. His estimated wealth as of June 2019 is $8.5 billion. Fedun, a former Russian military officer, is a close associate of Vagit Alekperov, the CEO of Russian oil company Lukoil.[2] Fedun owns 9.2% of Lukoil shares"
"Owner of FC Spartak Moscow"

Leonid Fedun - Wikipedia

The 25 richest Russian oligarchs on the 'Putin list' that the US just released

Montez

Superstar
Daps
So FIFA and UEFA gonna get involved in these people/organizations using clubs for sportswashing purposes? :jbhmm:

:camby:That's called growing the game.

Not the greatest crop of managers available but it helps having American owners who want someone they can connect with.

------

The Jesse Marsch - Ted Lasso tweets gonna be awful :upsetfavre:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
I saw Marsch's interview earlier.

American coaches don't help themselves, always sounding so earnest, trying to prove how knowledgeable they are. If they just dumbed themselves down a little and talked about pashun, guts and thunder they'd fit right in.