Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
I'm torn. I really think Betis deserve the CDR for the amazing work Pellegrini has done with them, especially if they just miss out on Top 4 (they've been running out of steam and their squad isn't as deep as Bacra or Atlethi) but at the same time, I can't root against Valencia when they're in the SFs as well...

can anyone tell me why United didn't go for Bruno Guimeres?

Our signing / recuriting has been terrible for the past 7-8 years tbh.

Yeah he phucked up but I cannot be the only person to think this has all gone too far with everyone piling on. When there are far more important issues going on in society and in the world that needs people's focus and attention more.

100%. Suspend him for a game or two and keep it pushing. Fining him $330K+ is ridiculous. Maybe $10K but a quarter-million plus?!

And I stand by what I said, anyone who abuses animals are pieces of shyt to me.

Ehh... didn't even really do that much to the cat. People are overreacting like crazy. There's also a racial ting to the whole thing.

Zouma should have the cat taken away and should be banned from keeping animals, but that’s it. Anything beyond that is nonsense hysteria

To be honest, there's definitely a racial tint in all of this. Had this been Harry Kane it would have been "I'm disappointed or I didn't see this coming". With Zouma he's like the spawn of satan. It's really disgusting.

the 2009 u20 winning the World Cup

Where they actually U-20...:mjgrin: African footballers be having a real age and a football age. Shout out to Taiye Taiwo, Bassogog and co.

Salisu and Afena-Gyan both knew what time it was and politely declined the AFCON call up. Meanwhile, the same way Senegal, Nigeria and Algeria are able to bolster their national sides with dual citizens like Mahrez, Kouilbaly, Troost-Ekong etc the talented Ghanaian dual citizens like Hudson Odoi, Tariq Lamptey, Iñaki Williams etc

Salisu said he'll be there for the WCQ.

I think y'all should be able to get Odoi, Lamptey and Nketiah. Odoi is having issues with the Three Lions after snubbing the U-23 call up last Int'l window. Lamptey has 3-4 RBs in front of him that are just as young. Nketiah never bouncing Kane. Your FA should try to cap them now. Since y'all not making the WC, at least you can prep for AFCON 2023

Williams is practically a Spaniard even though he'll never feature for the Spanish national team so it ain't gonna happen.
[/QUOTE]

I don't fukk with Maguire, but Mings :scust:

I had no idea England was that low quality with centerbacks until I saw Mings in an England shirt.

Mings is absolute basura.

Ppl really overreacting over a cat loll

Breh...I understand no need to abuse a cat, but this is serious overreaction. Drop him from a game, let it die down and keep it pushing. Adidas dropped him from thier shoe deal but are sponsoring WC22 where people actually died building the stadiums.

All this fake moral high ground stuff is disgusting.

Last edited:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Not a fan of the Coppa Italia format. It's too slanted towards the Top 8 in Serie A. They drop into the competition at the R16. You always see the same clubs in the quarters and semis..

The Coupe de France is Monaco's to lose. Nice has a good squad but I'd like Tchouameni to raise some silverware, especially after Monaco collapsed in last year's final even though they did the League double against PSG..

Last edited:

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK

All Chris Kirkland had to do was not mention racism in any way and this pivot wouldn't have happened so quickly :mjlol:

A lot of us know how it goes with these things but him volunteering that take of this being worse than racism has made it very uncomfortable for people to just outright demonise Zouma without pushback now.

Peak

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
people need to stop comparing the Zouma incident with shyt other players did in the past.. Hazard kicking ball boy, Suarez racism and biting… world is a completely different place now
Not really. White people don't play with their pets. Same as they was in 07 when they cancelled Vick.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
@Kunty McPhuck @Piffiztheanswer Leao this season is like when you just figure out something is really simple and not as complicated as you thought it was. shyt has been beautiful to watch :mjcry:

@SCORCH yoi were right. He really is that nikka :wow:

You mean Rafa is fighting against the Jinx Gawd @SCORCH he's doing even better than the outside world could possibly know. :wow:

Once they abandoned the idea of making him a #9 and Rebic injuries and being moved more central when he is fit. Leao has had more confidence to his game and he knows he is one of the first names on team sheet with Magic Mike Tomori Theo Calabria and Tonali. Diaz might of been there but Covid hit him at the wrong time and has taken a few months to get back to sorts.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
All Chris Kirkland had to do was not mention racism in any way and this pivot wouldn't have happened so quickly :mjlol:

A lot of us know how it goes with these things but him volunteering that take of this being worse than racism has made it very uncomfortable for people to just outright demonise Zouma without pushback now.

He really said that :dead:.

All these Gary Get Involves are they really reported every bit of animal abuse they see or telling the owner to stop it. Like people aint seen their friends kick their dogs before :hubie: or drag them by the collar isnt dragging a form of abuse?

I don't care about Zouma and his ex cats. It's barely news worthy in the grand scheme of things. It's basically what an idiot let's move on. You know what is news worthy the price of food going up and Unilever saying they cannot help it. Or the Energy companies prices going up which could be a couple of hundred a year. Or even the cost of rent is going up. And let's not even get into whats Boris been up to this week episode 583.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
He really said that :dead:.

All these Gary Get Involves are they really reported every bit of animal abuse they see or telling the owner to stop it. Like people aint seen their friends kick their dogs before :hubie: or drag them by the collar isnt dragging a form of abuse?

I don't care about Zouma and his ex cats. It's barely news worthy in the grand scheme of things. It's basically what an idiot let's move on. You know what is news worthy the price of food going up and Unilever saying they cannot help it. Or the Energy companies prices going up which could be a couple of hundred a year. Or even the cost of rent is going up. And let's not even get into whats Boris been up to this week episode 583.

I was just saying this in my group chat yesterday. Cost of Living being at a record high, inflation being the highest its been in over 12 years, utility bills increasing and wages stagnating but THIS is what people want to be outraged about :mjlol:

If this is the only way to get people's unified attention, someone needs to make some deepfake videos of Boris killing kittens so we can get him out of here :lolbron: