Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
signed up to a spurs forum , made an intro and i'm pretty sure i've alienated at least 7 people in less than an hour :russ:

i think the coli is quite a radical place and i've lost sight of how effective i actually am with this subtle trolling business

OneManGang

Veteran
Daps
From optajoe.....50+ - Name the three players that have 50 Premier League assists or more since August 2006. Quiz.

I guessed Cesc Fabregas, Nani, and Wayne Rooney :yeshrug:

EDIT: Gerrard or Fat Frank might be more reasonable guesses than Nani.

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
"You analyse the players who have played every game, there aren't many players here," Benitez said. "They'd been playing fewer players. I'm not here to criticise, but that's the reality. They'd played so many games, two a week and massive games in the Champions League, the players were getting tired. You can't give them a rest, either, because there's no time."

From Benitez's first-team squad, eight key players have featured in 10 or more of the 13 league games this season, prompting him to make the decision to rest Juan Mata against Fulham – although the player was eventually used as a second-half substitute. Benitez said he may have to rest players today, although he said he could not afford to rest Fernando Torres because there was no alternative.

Benitez said he had "explained what I'd seen" to the board yesterday and laid out his strategy for the coming month, in which Chelsea have potentially 10 games, including the trip to Japan.

Somebody finally saying what needs to be said.

He's not so bad after all.:ohhh:

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
From optajoe.....50+ - Name the three players that have 50 Premier League assists or more since August 2006. Quiz.

I guessed Cesc Fabregas, Nani, and Wayne Rooney :yeshrug:

EDIT: Gerrard or Fat Frank might be more reasonable guesses than Nani.

Fab, Roon, Young.

Gerrard having a lot of assists is a pool fan made myth.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Always been more of a Halo man myself. Dunno why but I was never good at COD, would play online and I'd be running along and some dude just sprints by me and shanks me out of nowhere :wtf:

The Halo fukkery is too much to give up though :bow:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Chelsea away jersey this season is :scusthov:
It's a shame because the '10/11 (black & orange) one was godly...

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
have to recommend the first howler podcast, it is awesome, and about usa/mexico. just 15 minutes and had me smiling all the way through.

http://whatahowler.tumblr.com/post/36820394895/howler-radio-episode-one-an-american-at-azteca

i've been doing research into people involved in the 'soccer media' - seems a lot of them had a passing interest in soccer but were already established and had the resources to 'do something' - howler guy was some editor/publisher type. men in blazers guy works in tv production.even wsd and steven was in the music business. seems that none of them got into the 'business' of soccer but kinda moved sideways. not sure how i feel about that.

the only one i see that is og is tom dunmore (pitch invasion/xi quarterly) u of c, section 8 from the beginning. have more respect for him than the rest.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
That Torres shot... Horrible and I'm a fan of dude
But Ramires fukked up that counter-attack though. 4 against 2 and no goal ?

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That Torres shot... Horrible and I'm a fan of dude
But Ramires fukked up that counter-attack though. 4 against 2 and no goal ?
It's just sheer stupidity. We fack up at least 3-4 good counters every game.

Moses playing well.

KOTK

Pro
Daps
those spurs smilies are all gash to me. coli's smilies>>>>>>>>>>>>>>.*