Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
If we won the league cup and came 4th, is that progress? No.

If we go on to challenge for the title after going out of the league cup, is that progress? Yes.

"yeah that just about covers all possibilities ... except the one which leave the door open for me to still support him even after he fails in season 2021 - 2022"

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Your squad is considerably better but your performances on the pitch are marginally better, at best. The only difference is that you’re not parking the bus like you did under Mourinho…and Ole’s yet to achieve anything better than Jose or LVG.

I really rate the Utd squad but there’s a reason why no one is crowning you as one of the title favourites that’s because of who your manager is :yeshrug:
So because we're not better than arguably the 3 best teams in Europe we haven't made real progress?

This is the most competitive, highest quality Premier League of the modern era. The gap between us and those 3 has been narrowed, whether another manager would have closed it more or surpassed them, maybe, we'll never know. But the evidence of progress is there.

You can get in to money spent etc, but from where we were, we are closer, that is progress.

J Money

No weapon formed against me shall prosper
Daps
Sohh Tammy wanted to come to Arsenal bit Arsenal didn't put in a bid, is that correct?

Jamal514

In high demand
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
Him & Haj need to let it go.

Aaron aswell :mjlol:

Martial will flurish in another team.

At least he still ain't Juelzing for Fred.

I like Tony too, but he was crap yesterday, no two ways about it. Ole's lack of coaching isn't helping him, but he could've still put in a better effort. He just doesn't have that hunger inside of him.

I'm still holding out hope that Ole will get sacked before Christmas and a better manager will give him new life, but yeah, I think it's the end of the road for his United career. :francis:

He's dope when he's feeling it.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
i think one of the things that makes Man U. look bad is when you have a squad like Leicester City win the league about 5 years ago, retool and win a cup this year... They are doing more with less .... way less. The expectations for Man U. are always going to be based on history of past performance and how much money they are spending. They should be in contention for most trophies year in and year out.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
i think one of the things that makes Man U. look bad is when you have a squad like Leicester City win the league about 5 years ago, retool and win a cup this year... They are doing more with less .... way less. The expectations for Man U. are always going to be based on history of past performance and how much money they are spending. They should be in contention for most trophies year in and year out.
Yeah it's all influenced by history, as though we have a divine right win. :unimpressed:

With that said you're way off on the Leicester thing:whoa:

They won one of the weakest Premier Leagues of all time, almost every big club was in transition, getting smacked in Europe etc

Now we have the strongest league we've had since the late 00's, arguably 3 of the top 5 teams in Europe, with a stranglehold over the CL for the most part.

It's turned around very quickly but the circumstances are massively different.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
They won one of the weakest Premier Leagues of all time, almost every big club was in transition, getting smacked in Europe etc

Nah they won though and that's embarrassing for the top teams. You play who you play. Does one of kobe's rings not count because they played a so-so Magic team? Or how the East was horrible in the early 2000s etc.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Nah they won though and that's embarrassing for the top teams. You play who you play. Does one of kobe's rings not count because they played a so-so Magic team? Or how the East was horrible in the early 2000s etc.
I'm not saying it doesn't count, i'm just giving you some insight about the differing circumstances and why you can't judge United now by Leicester then. It was an incredible achievement whatever the circumstances, but put this United team in that Premier League season and most likely they win it.

They won the league with 81 points, the last 3 winners got 98, 99 and 86 and that's with all 20 teams in the league getting stronger as a whole since 15-16.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I'm not saying it doesn't count, i'm just giving you some insight about the differing circumstances and why you can't judge United now by Leicester then. It was an incredible achievement whatever the circumstances, but put this United team in that Premier League season and most likely they win it.

They won the league with 81 points, the last 3 winners got 98, 99 and 86 and that's with all 20 teams in the league getting stronger as a whole since 15-16.

That's fine but i wasn't just talking about then either... Leicester won the FA cup this year... 2021. That's another cup for them. i'm just sayin Man U. gotta start bringing in some hardware