Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
What is it with football fans now and their obsession with players' physiques? It's kinda :scust:

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo

Shambles
full

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
i'm not sure how to look at this really.. i'd love to shyt on Man U some more but it's a minor cup. We can try to treat it like it's major but if it was the lineup would be different.

That said.. Man U had more than enough talent out there to do the job.

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
i'm not sure how to look at this really.. i'd love to shyt on Man U some more but it's a minor cup. We can try to treat it like it's major but if it was the lineup would be different.

That said.. Man U had more than enough talent out there to do the job.

there’s nothing like small cup when you haven’t won shyt in 4 years :hubie:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
there’s nothing like small cup when you haven’t won shyt in 4 years :hubie:
If we won the league cup and nothing else, all we'd hear is how it's not a big trophy. It would be this:

"Ole hasn't won trophies"

"He won the league cup"

"No, actual trophies LOOOOOOL"

I'd trade 50 league cups for a genuine challenge in the PL and CL.

If we won the league cup and came 4th, is that progress? No.

If we go on to challenge for the title after going out of the league cup, is that progress? Yes.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Here's a hypothetical for you lads, which scenario is progress/which would you rather have?

Scenario 1:
League Cup - WINNERS.
FA Cup - WINNERS.
Premier League - 4th(10+ plus points behind winners)
Champions League - Out in group stage/first knockout round.

Scenario 2:
League Cup - Out in third round.
FA Cup - Out in third round.
Premier League - 2nd(within 5 points of winners, challenge until final 2/3 games)
Champions League - Semi-final.

Now, of course we might just fukk up in everything and get the worst of both scenarios. But out of the 2 above, i'd go number 2 all day long.

I obviously understand the hunger for trophies, it goes without saying we need them and we need them soon, but it's not a guaranteed sign of progress. Klopp barely bothers to even turn up for League Cup games ffs:mjlol:

Everyone calm the fukk down and see the bigger picture. We shouldn't even be making any long-term judgements on this team AT LEAST until the end of the group stage in the CL. That's when we'll really have a picture of where we're at. I understand the need, in today's game, to have a hot take on literally every result, but that's not how football works.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Here's a hypothetical for you lads, which scenario is progress/which would you rather have?

Scenario 1:
League Cup - WINNERS.
FA Cup - WINNERS.
Premier League - 4th(10+ plus points behind winners)
Champions League - Out in group stage/first knockout round.

Scenario 2:
League Cup - Out in third round.
FA Cup - Out in third round.
Premier League - 2nd(within 5 points of winners, challenge until final 2/3 games)
Champions League - Semi-final.

Now, of course we might just fukk up in everything and get the worst of both scenarios. But out of the 2 above, i'd go number 2 all day long.

I obviously understand the hunger for trophies, it goes without saying we need them and we need them soon, but it's not a guaranteed sign of progress. Klopp barely bothers to even turn up for League Cup games ffs:mjlol:

Everyone calm the fukk down and see the bigger picture. We shouldn't even be making any long-term judgements on this team AT LEAST until the end of the group stage in the CL. That's when we'll really have a picture of where we're at. I understand the need, in today's game, to have a hot take on literally every result, but that's not how football works.

Sick and tired of this Klopp comparison. :mjlol:
You know this team can challenge for the league, go on a deep CL run AND win a domestic cup all in one season right? :dead:
You're telling me with this improved squad everyone said we should give Ole time for can't win nada? We really are Arsenal/Spurs now. Ole tax is serious:picard:

If you can just tell us Ole ain't all that and you're still relying on hope, then I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. But for you Ole in fans, y'all better hope this guy wins something major by the end of the day for your and his sake. :mjpls: