Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Sick and tired of this Klopp comparison. :mjlol:
You know this team can challenge for the league, go on a deep CL run AND win a domestic cup all in one season right? :dead:
You're telling me with this improved squad everyone said we should give Ole time for can't win nada? We really are Arsenal/Spurs now. Ole tax is serious:picard:

If you can just tell us Ole ain't all that and you're still relying on hope, then I'll give you the benefit of the doubt. But for you Ole in fans, y'all better hope this guy wins something major by the end of the day for your and his sake. :mjpls:
This isn't about Ole. I'd be saying this regardless of who the manager is.

We're building for the long term, to compete for the PL and CL. If we don't this season then Ole should go, obviously.

But how about we wait and see if we do/don't, first?

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
This isn't about Ole. I'd be saying this regardless of who the manager is.

We're building for the long term, to compete for the PL and CL. If we don't this season then Ole should go, obviously.

But how about we wait and see if we do/don't, first?
Fair enough. :manny:

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
I’m sorry but you can’t be an Ole (or Arteta) apologist and say they need time when we’ve just seen Tuchel come in and turn Chelsea around in 6 months. 2-3 years into a project, I’d expect to see tangible improvements, especially if you’ve been backed in the transfer market.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
I’m sorry but you can’t be an Ole (or Arteta) apologist and say they need time when we’ve just seen Tuchel come in and turn Chelsea around in 6 months. 2-3 years into a project, I’d expect to see tangible improvements, especially if you’ve been backed in the transfer market.
Do you consider 7 games a big enough sample size for whether there has been tangible improvements?

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Do you consider 7 games a big enough sample size for whether there has been tangible improvements?

It’s not just 7 games though, he’s been the manager for 2.5 seasons and has spent over £400m. That’s more than enough time to have seen tangible improvements. This is the exact same argument a lot of my fellow Arsenal fans use and I don’t understand it.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Sick and tired of this Klopp comparison. :mjlol:

"klopp this .. klopp that ... then judge the team" :wtf: ... it's not the "team" being judged here ..

this guy wins something major by the end of the day for your and his sake. :mjpls:

him not winning anything will not help with the #delusion.

"we-didnt-succeed-with-upper-league-players so better-buy-lower-league-players" ole-logic :wow:

"ole, himself without a good managerial profile, should not be replaced because there are no free managers out there with good managerial profiles" ole-logic :wow:

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
It’s not just 7 games though, he’s been the manager for 2.5 seasons and has spent over £400m. That’s more than enough time to have seen tangible improvements. This is the exact same argument a lot of my fellow Arsenal fans use and I don’t understand it.
But we literally have seen tangible improvements over those 2.5 seasons. Both in results and squad composition. If you don't think we have then...well, you're just wrong.:yeshrug:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

2.5 to 3.5 years at MU is not enough.

10+ years of his career is not enough.

1q9nvABl.png

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
But we literally have seen tangible improvements over those 2.5 seasons. Both in results and squad composition. If you don't think we have then...well, you're just wrong.:yeshrug:

Your squad is considerably better but your performances on the pitch are marginally better, at best. The only difference is that you’re not parking the bus like you did under Mourinho…and Ole’s yet to achieve anything better than Jose or LVG.

I really rate the Utd squad but there’s a reason why no one is crowning you as one of the title favourites that’s because of who your manager is :yeshrug:

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Though you're on loan to PSG? :lolbron:

• Dap
Reactions: EA