Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

BIGDENNIS10UK

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Arsenal wouldn't buy swarchzer over a difference of about 30 quid.

If we would've spent well in 2008, I think our whole situation would be different.

KOTK

Pro
Daps
I'm depressed breh. Last two days have been terrible.

We had money from the real estate deals and we have done squat.

Maybe it's different now with the new commercial deals on top of the TV deal but the other big sides will eat too.
There are only three other teams in the league to compete with. Arsenal have a bigger potential for growth than two of them, who are gas giants anyway. These same clubs also have no commitment to youth development and somewhat questionable managerial stability. Somewhat rich to say as arsenal supporter, but some solace can also be taken from neither having managed to balance europe/domestic as well as utd have. Utd should be unassailable tvf but have a lovely ginger anchor keeping them in dock. Deals like this mean we should never be in a situation where we're selling a star player to them again, not that it should have even happened the last time.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Doesn't matter, you can't say the club doesn't spend money by just ignoring wages dreaming of life as a liverpool fan minus the ankle bracelet.

it does because that was an extraordinary situation.

If you want to sign the top players, you have to bring them in on a transfer. This club has not shown they are willing to do that.

Roaden Polynice

Superstar
Daps
Al Habsi's celebration to Gomez's second goal...:laff2:

Well, it's definitely not gayest celebration I've seen but it's up there.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
"My idols in football? Shevchenko and Kakà."

"Which powerful person I would like to meet? The American president, Barack Obama. He seems like a great person."

C'mon brehs you know you want to jump on the bandwagon, there is still room for you all :smugfavre:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
El Shaarawy said that?

I mean I been fukking with dude because he wears his birthday year a his number. The football is almost secondary.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
"If I often go clubbing? Never. Currently it’s better to leave it and just focus on football."

"What I prefer to do in my spare time? I love playing on the Playstation and playing pool."

"How my relationship with the television is? It’s great. I only watch football matches."

"What I spend my money on? My parents take care of my money."

"If I know who king Midas was? I’ve heard the name before, but I don’t remember anything else.
Let’s just say that I’m making the most of the chances that I’m getting. But this is just the beginning. I always have to do better and never settle. But it’s not easy to keep my feet on the ground, or rather; it’s easy to fall for temptations."

:bow:

What a lad, dedicated to his craft already