Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Lets go over to our Northwest England correspondent @Gilver for more details.

:lupe:
Today in the north west we have some lovely sunshine to enjoy, we're a balmy 19 degrees celsius which is set to continue over the weekend, though authorities have warned to look out for sexual predators wearing blue.

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
Mendy fukked up major. 4 counts of rape and 1 count of sexual assault

I'm not playing the militant card but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth how Mendy's name is all over the headlines but with the Sigurdsson situation, it was an "unidentified" Premier League player. In fact, to this day, they STILL haven't confirmed if it was Sigurdsson arrested.

I know that when minors are involved, their identities need to be protected but this still tastes foul :unimpressed:

And before anybody says I am defending Mendy, no that is not the case. I'm just commenting in the differences in how the matters were reported.

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps

Some United fans losing their shyt over this as if Ronaldo didn't leave a winning United side 12 years ago to give his prime years to his dream club, Real Madrid.

The summer after winning the CL at Utd he compared himself to a slave because United didn't wanna let him go.

Used United's name every summer to renegotiate new deals when at Madrid.

LITTERALLY flexed on us when scored vs United for Juve.

Unlike Evra, Ferdinand, David Beckham or even RvP has never mentioned United unless he was directly asked about us.

And folks are acting suprised that he is offering himself to City :gucci:

That man has affinity for Sir Alex Ferguson, not Manchester United. It's almost shocking that over a decade later, only a minority of United fans seem to get this :mjtf:

Also Ronaldo is 36 years old and has been playing 4D chess in order to stay relevant in a top league. He is in full self preservation mode because if playing for Juve in Serie A is not feasible then there's not much left.

I thought going to PSG next year was his move but I guess Messi ruined those plans :yeshrug:Maybe even Cristiano sees that a Neymar-Ronaldo-Messi frontline is not feasible in the real world :heh:

It will be interesting to see how Pep integrates him into the team. Maybe with City's dominance Ronaldo's deficiencies won't be as detrimental to the team but then again I thought the same thing about Juventus :manny:

phillycavsfan

WAHOOWA
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
I'm not playing the militant card but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth how Mendy's name is all over the headlines but with the Sigurdsson situation, it was an "unidentified" Premier League player. In fact, to this day, they STILL haven't confirmed if it was Sigurdsson arrested.

I know that when minors are involved, their identities need to be protected but this still tastes foul :unimpressed:

And before anybody says I am defending Mendy, no that is not the case. I'm just commenting in the differences in how the matters were reported.

Tbf there's been stories of Mendy moving mad off the pitch for a while now. Just didn't know it was THIS mad allegedly.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
sX78i.gif

Gylfi and Mendy linking up for Prison FC.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK

I might be ENTIRELY wrong here but is this not because he's been CHARGED? He was arrested back in December i've just read, it was around the time people were thinking Greenwood had been up to no good. Mendy's name wasn't released.

Gylfi may have been arrested but not charged(yet).

Again, i may be talking shyt.

Daps
I think Ronaldo does kiiinda care about the club's he's played for, it's just his own self interest massively outweighs any of that love.

He's all about himself, this has always been the case. It's why I, and many United fans have never had him up there with legends like Keane, Cantona, Class of 92 lads etc

I'm looking forward to it if he goes there tbh.

Yeah I agree with the the first bit, I think he does care for Man U, but I think his ego is bigger than his love for the club and how much he cares.
And his ego has been seriously dented with everyone in the world of football talking about Messi's transfer to PSG in the last month and no one talking about him

Plus he is not going to want Messi adding to his CL wins with PSG and him doing nothing with Juventus in the next 2 years which is a possibility, so he will want to go somewhere where there is a chance of him winning it again.