Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
I'm interested to see what direction Citeh will go in now that Pep's announced he's leaving in 2023. I imagine they'll go for a young(er) manager that plays expansive football so I'd bet on Erik ten Hag.

Montez

Superstar
Daps

:lupe:

I'm interested to see what direction Citeh will go in now that Pep's announced he's leaving in 2023. I imagine they'll go for a young(er) manager that plays expansive football so I'd bet on Erik ten Hag.

Luis Enrique. Largely due to the Spanish influence at the top at City.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

Dark Horse Graham Potter.

I don't think it's any coincidence that Jack and Harold were Citeh main targets this year and were willing to break their spending habits for them. Nor that Arsenal have gone for more English players than usual. I think they are preparing themselves for what is to come down the line in a year or two.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

Ole knew he was going for surgery, still threw him out there. @Kunty McPhuck @Ukbrotha

Donny needs to hand in a transfer request for this disrespect.:dead:

Ole got to be stopped. Complains about Murda because he's a young lad. Then runs his little bit older young lads to the ground. Do as I say don't do as I do.

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
Luis Enrique. Largely due to the Spanish influence at the top at City.

That's a good shout. The way the squad is built suits the style Enrique played at Barca but he'd definitely need more traditional full backs since he's a lot more direct.

Dark Horse Graham Potter.

I don't think it's any coincidence that Jack and Harold were Citeh main targets this year and were willing to break their spending habits for them. Nor that Arsenal have gone for more English players than usual. I think they are preparing themselves for what is to come down the line in a year or two.

Graham Potter would do a job for them tactically but I dunno if he's got the profile to handle some of the egos in the dressing room. Especially if Pep manages to win the CL.

And I was under the impression that teams are focusing on English players due to the incoming work permit rules off the back of Brexit. Arsenal have Richard Garlick as a director now and he was just working with the EPL so I wouldn't be surprised if he has an inside scoop on how Brexit will affect the league.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
That's a good shout. The way the squad is built suits the style Enrique played at Barca but he'd definitely need more traditional full backs since he's a lot more direct.

Graham Potter would do a job for them tactically but I dunno if he's got the profile to handle some of the egos in the dressing room. Especially if Pep manages to win the CL.

And I was under the impression that teams are focusing on English players due to the incoming work permit rules off the back of Brexit. Arsenal have Richard Garlick as a director now and he was just working with the EPL so I wouldn't be surprised if he has an inside scoop on how Brexit will affect the league.

It's easier to manage egos when you aren't forcing the players to go from playing attacking football to defensive football for starters. And even with Brighton being towards the bottom of the table the players play for him, when we've seen plenty of times players not putting on performances when a team is struggling for results. Keeping the players engaged is part of the battle of getting the egos on your side. I believe Potter can do that.

Regarding the brexit rules I think most people only know about stopping the child trafficking part and needing a work permit which has been common in English football anyway. I think somewhere down the line a quota will be brought in. It's too extreme to bring it now especially in the current Rona climate but slowly phased it in over the next 2-3 years.

• Dap
Reactions: EA

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
It's easier to manage egos when you aren't forcing the players to go from playing attacking football to defensive football for starters. And even with Brighton being towards the bottom of the table the players play for him, when we've seen plenty of times players not putting on performances when a team is struggling for results. Keeping the players engaged is part of the battle of getting the egos on your side. I believe Potter can do that.

Regarding the brexit rules I think most people only know about stopping the child trafficking part and needing a work permit which has been common in English football anyway. I think somewhere down the line a quota will be brought in. It's too extreme to bring it now especially in the current Rona climate but slowly phased it in over the next 2-3 years.

I'm a big fan of Potter. It would be interesting to see what he can do with a squad as good as City's because he has Brighton towards the top of stats like chances created, progressive passes into final third, etc. If he could get the players to buy in, they'd be really great to watch.
they can have arteta :ehh:

If only :noah:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Arteta is probably sick that he didn’t just play the waiting game at City. The stink of this Arsenal run will follow him for years.

Nah. Marco Silva keeps on getting jobs in England with what track record? He speaks good English?

Arteta will get a second good opportunity if he doesn't pull it around at Arsenal. Can easily put blame on the inherited mess he took over at the club from ownership down. Apart from Willian the rest of the highly paid players theyve struggled to get rid of are before his time.