Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

jj23

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Wait this Ronaldo to PSG rumor is true?

PSG collecting players like infinity stones....

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was in India on business for the first time 12 years ago. Lunchtime a gang of dudes bounced to the park to play cricket in 95 degree weather. I asked my co worker if this was common he said only time that stop is in monsoon season. All of these dudes were software engineers. I was legitimately…
:dwillhuh:
Cricket is huge in India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka etc. like football and basketball…combined in the states

Ain't it big in the West Indies as well?

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
I was in India on business for the first time 12 years ago. Lunchtime a gang of dudes bounced to the park to play cricket in 95 degree weather. I asked my co worker if this was common he said only time that stop is in monsoon season. All of these dudes were software engineers. I was legitimately…
:dwillhuh:
Cricket is huge in India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka etc. like football and basketball…combined in the states

The only thing I know about cricket is from Ninja Turtles…

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Ronaldo to PSG makes sense. I wouldn't do it but I understand. Juve broke. They need a killer who can play up top.

I'm with it we've already opened up that box anyway and it would do wonders for the brand

Plus it's almost a plug & play situation once Mbappe leaves us so fukk it :manny:

drifter

Superstar
Daps
Wait this Ronaldo to PSG rumor is true?

PSG collecting players like infinity stones....

Just rumors off PSG losing Mbappe and Juve hurting financially but after everything else that's happened already I wouldn't be surprised

I'd obviously rather have Mbappe but he seems 100% committed to Madrid and we're opening up talks to help with it so fukk it. It'll do wonders for the brand

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
EPL teams actually have analysts that submit the team and players’ advanced metrics, attributes and stats to Sega for FM so it’s pretty much a safe bet that teams use the game as reference points for scouting.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Ain't it big in the West Indies as well?

I'd say in the older generation 35-40+ yes. Younger generations not so much. Now Im going off the general crowds I see in test cricket pre Rona. T20 cricket has a different appeal to it and caters to a younger audience plus the West Indies are one of the best teams in that format. They've won 2 out of the last 3 World Championships.

70's, 80's and early 90's was peak West Indies cricket. Like all great dynasties they took their production line for granted. It was being reported even back in the late 90's and early 00's that cricket was losing talent to football basketball and athletics at schools level. Bolt grew up playing cricket. But his first love is football and is special at track. Obviously he made the right sporting choice. Also the West Indies/Caribbean lost a lot of potential talent thru migration to the US and Canada over the past 20-30 years. Like for example Rai Benjamin the Worlds 2nd best 400m hurdler. His father Winston played for the West Indies back in the 90's. Rai was born in the US represented Antigua and Barbuda at youth level in Track and Field but switched back to the US. Now it's not certain that he would of chosen to play cricket he could of always been a track athlete even if he grew up in Antigua. But looking at his height and flat speed. He would of been an ideal fast bowler back in the golden years. Also have to factor in the monetary aspect of it. As cricket only been profitable for a cricketer over the past decade or so due to franchise T20 cricket around the world. Where stars can get paid 100-200k+ for 6-8 weeks work. India/IPL is the place that pays the highest salaries. The PL/CL of T20 cricket. As a kid and you see the various salaries across the sporting spectrum and cricket is a poor relation. And then the phuckery between the WICB and the players that has been off and on for the past 2 decades. Where many of the West Indies superstars didn't play due to various of disputes with the board.

I'm just going off from the things I've seen heard and read and is a take from an outsider.

To really know you're better off asking @Montez @gho3st if it's still popular like it heyday.

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Paul Pogha has one good game and suddenly people can’t stop praising him. We all know he’s a great player but he doesn’t do it consistently. Let’s wait and se if he does throughout the season and leads UTD to the title before we start singing his praises