Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
The elephant in the room that we aren’t talking about is English colonization making it easier for the world to understand the league.

Germany can definitely do a better job, but colonization have a leg up.

The ills done to the English game is now infecting all of Europe, and the global game.

Players are excited to come to England because they can make more money playing for a mid table club than the Champions of Portugal, like Reuben Neves did. This isn’t good for the sport.
Not to be facetious but I have a feeling your opinion would be slightly different if Arsenal were still eating at the top table.:whoa:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Not to be facetious but I have a feeling your opinion would be slightly different if Arsenal were still eating at the top table.:whoa:
Arsenal are part of the problem, so nah. We a mid table club yet are flirting with buying one of Ligue 1’s best players in Auour for a cut price. This isn’t good for the sport no matter what.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Arsenal are part of the problem, so nah. We a mid table club yet are flirting with buying one of Ligue 1’s best players in Auour for a cut price. This isn’t good for the sport no matter what.
It's basically just that the PL got there first. Got the right people marketing/selling the league abroad early.

Don't get me wrong I generally agree that it's not good for the game, but if you look at the world outside of football, this was always going to happen. There's a lot of bitterness from Spain/Italy simply because they didn't do it first.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
It's basically just that the PL got there first. Got the right people marketing/selling the league abroad early.

Don't get me wrong I generally agree that it's not good for the game, but if you look at the world outside of football, this was always going to happen. There's a lot of bitterness from Spain/Italy simply because they didn't do it first.
Is this conversation actually taking place? I ask that seriously because I don’t speak Italian or Spanish. Are they seeing what’s happening with the EPL not just being the best league in the world, but leaving dead leagues in its wake?

I barely see this convo in English.

I am not saying any of this to defend Spain and Italy and how shoddy those leagues and clubs are ran. I am only saying that the Super League in England isn’t good for the sport either.

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps
Chill bro, you never got an erection over a nice piece of skill?

shyt, i nearly cum when i watch Bruno.

I think you're the weird one here.

En7WfO5XMAEhtbl.jpg

Only Busquets side passes have any kind of effect on me :wow:

KnowledgeDropper

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Manhattan
Those clubs are big but the Premier League has essentially created a 25/26 super league giving those clubs the ability to outspend all about 9/10 clubs outside of England.

Even when Fergie and Wenger were running the league it wasn't like this. The billionaires changed the game. The TV deals exploded, the billionaires came in, and the rest of Europe was done. If the league and clubs were worried about the money in the game they would established spending rules but they never did.

The league today is incredible but to get here they were letting any motherfukker buy a team for a minute (Venkys, Hicks & Gillett, Milan Mandarić, Thaksin Shinawatra) to raise the profile quickly.

What’s wrong with billionaires buying clubs, investing in stadia and the community, raising the profile of clubs, and not doing it in a way that saddles the club with debt and strips them of revenue? You should want that in a league. Let billionaires buy more teams, make leagues competitive

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
Is this conversation actually taking place? I ask that seriously because I don’t speak Italian or Spanish. Are they seeing what’s happening with the EPL not just being the best league in the world, but leaving dead leagues in its wake?

I barely see this convo in English.

I am not saying any of this to defend Spain and Italy and how shoddy those leagues and clubs are ran. I am only saying that the Super League in England isn’t good for the sport either.
Definitely. It's what the ESL was all about, can't beat them, join them/get on a level playing field with them.

All i have is a lot of European football podcasts to go off, but from what I've gathered over the last few years there's a general feeling of envy from over there about how the PL has been run. Especially when things like TV deals for the league are being sought/renewed etc.

Serie A and La Liga rested on their laurels and are paying the price, and they know that. The PL saw what was coming not just in football but in the world generally, they were early on the uptake. Branding, marketing, everyone is playing catch up.

The PL was just kind of lucky that, like i think Kunty mentioned in this convo, the full crowds, atmosphere etc. It was a very easy thing to sell.

Obviously it's sad that they used the very thing that makes English football special to market it, and in turn somewhat killed it.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Definitely. It's what the ESL was all about, can't beat them, join them/get on a level playing field with them.

All i have is a lot of European football podcasts to go off, but from what I've gathered over the last few years there's a general feeling of envy from over there about how the PL has been run. Especially when things like TV deals for the league are being sought/renewed etc.

Serie A and La Liga rested on their laurels and are paying the price, and they know that. The PL saw what was coming not just in football but in the world generally, they were early on the uptake. Branding, marketing, everyone is playing catch up.

The PL was just kind of lucky that, like i think Kunty mentioned in this convo, the full crowds, atmosphere etc. It was a very easy thing to sell.

Obviously it's sad that they used the very thing that makes English football special to market it, and in turn somewhat killed it.
The Super League in England were the first ones to fully utilize the American sports template.

But they have no interest in building up the game, just like all of our American sports leagues.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
The Super League in England were the first ones to fully utilize the American sports template.

But they have no interest in building up the game, just like all of our American sports leagues.
I mean, yeah, the PL are c*nts. I love United so I kind of have to be involved, but the real English football experience is below the PL:manny:

They basically have to be forced by bad PR to contribute to grassroots football and the EFL. There's a reason there's a huge swathe of lower league fans in England who are massively jaded/turned off by top flight football.

The ultra-shiny, heavily branded/marketed Premier League is much like leagues in the US. That's why promotion from the championship is the promised land(for the non-content lower league fans who want success), there's definitely a feeling for those people that getting to the PL is almost like becoming a franchise. You're one of the 20.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
I mean, yeah, the PL are c*nts. I love United so I kind of have to be involved, but the real English football experience is below the PL:manny:

They basically have to be forced by bad PR to contribute to grassroots football and the EFL. There's a reason there's a huge swathe of lower league fans in England who are massively jaded/turned off by top flight football.

The ultra-shiny, heavily branded/marketed Premier League is much like leagues in the US. That's why promotion from the championship is the promised land(for the non-content lower league fans who want success), there's definitely a feeling for those people that getting to the PL is almost like becoming a franchise. You're one of the 20.
And like I said before, it’s terrible for the sport.

I’m not sure what the solution is but this is not good.