Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Montez

Superstar
Daps
I can see both sides. Real, Barca, Juventus, Inter, Milan, and Bayern have been playing their own rules and they have effectively killed off their own domestic leagues but allowing folks like Usmanov, Kroenke, FSG, the Glazers, Mansour, and Roman into the game signals what time it is. The Premier League and England is extremely attractive and it's the easiest country to buy into.

They're saying Tammy turned down Atalanta and wants Arsenal.

A large number of Arsenal fans don't want him but it's worth the risks imo. Young and if he doesn't work out we can sell him to West Ham or Villa for 30/40M.

I'm having a real hard time blaming Premier League or feeling sorry for Real/Barca/La Liga/Serie A.

La Liga and Serie A made their beds with horrible TV deals which completely handicapped everyone else in favor of top teams. Their argument for Super League was that nobody wants to watch Cagliari, Udinese or Genoa ... well that's because you made them top flight feeder teams. And then on top of that in Italy it's impossible to build your own stadium so they're stuck forever.

In England even without oil money clubs like Aston Villa, Everton, West Ham and others have money to blow. And I'm also going to assume that oligarchs and foreign nation-states started buying in England because it had more prestige than other leagues to begin with.

And let's be real Real and Barcelona are the OG nation-state teams :manny: To me the only redeeming quality of these billionaire run teams in EPL is that they were finally able to dethrone Real and Barca and expose the rotten foundation they were standing on.

Technically they're owned by oligarchs too.

BlackBall

Superstar
Daps
I can see both sides. Real, Barca, Juventus, Inter, Milan, and Bayern have been playing their own rules and they have effectively killed off their own domestic leagues but allowing folks like Usmanov, Kroenke, FSG, the Glazers, Mansour, and Roman into the game signals what time it is. The Premier League and England is extremely attractive and it's the easiest country to buy into.

A large number of Arsenal fans don't want him but it's worth the risks imo. Young and if he doesn't work out we can sell him to West Ham or Villa for 30/40M.

Technically they're owned by oligarchs too.
As is America

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Like Juve and PSG haven't played their parts in hurting their leagues. Inter broke themselves just trying to win Serie A. No one told German teams to put in low value release clauses for Bayern to pick off then cry foul about it. But I guess that's the PL fault.
I’m not absolving anyone. I’m pointing out this pyramid of destruction and the EPL is on top of it. The league destroyed smaller clubs in England and then made other leagues minor.

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
I’m not absolving anyone. I’m pointing out this pyramid of destruction and the EPL is on top of it. The league destroyed smaller clubs in England and then made other leagues minor.
I assume if you ever come to England you'll be getting down to a Leyton Orient game to support the lower leagues rather than going to an Arsenal game?:jbhmm:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps

I assume if you ever come to England you'll be getting down to a Leyton Orient game to support the lower leagues rather than going to an Arsenal game?:jbhmm:
No I won’t, thanks for the Barclaycard English Premier League, shown by News Corp Sky Sports.

KnowledgeDropper

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Manhattan
Until La Liga have flatter distribution of revenues instead of basically letting Madrid/Barca set all the rules, they can’t claim moral superiority over EPL.

A lot of people say EPL “destroyed” a lot of smaller English clubs but look at how many English clubs raised their profile during the EPL era. Leicester, Crystal Palace, Bournmouth/Brighton/Burnley are well known to global football fans. Revenue sharing, parachute payments, etc bring a lot money to smaller clubs.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

Not the PL fault that barring Germany the rest of the league's administrators failed to promote and brand their leagues properly and have been subpar with what theyve done to improve their product off the pitch. Hundreds of millions TV deals signed for the league and only 4-5 teams get the majority of the money and this went on for well of a decade.

Foreign players being :gladbron: that they can play in front of packed stadiums instead half empty grounds with only the Ultras making the noise. Season tickets are a lot more cheaper in Spain and Italy than in England. In some cases you could buy both a La Liga and Serie A together and it would be still cheaper than a single PL season ticket. But yet the crowds don't care unless it's a big games/team in town.

Serie A and La Liga are closer to the Championship than they are to the PL and Bundesliga in average attendance. I guess the Italian and Spanish fans would rather stay in and watched the uncultured kick and rush PL :skip:

It's fine to blame the PL for the ills it's done towards the English game. But to put the blame on them for other people's ineptitude in other countries when there are plenty of valid reasons for their failures that have nothing to do with the PL.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Idk why Chelsea didnt just pony up the additional €50M and get Haaland. He’s 8 yrs younger than Lukaku and has all the attributes to succeed in the Prem. All ready proven in UCL

SN: LC is a very well run club at the moment. Top class recruitment as well.

The same reason why Lukaku is now represented by someone else.