Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
QPR beating us 4-1 :russ:

Pre-season or not. Ole is never going to make subs in the new season if these are our bench players. :pachaha:

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

he is one of the best at that in the current generation but if you look back at beckham, scholes, pirlo, alonso, they used to pass cleaner and with more control,

pogba's passes meander somewhat to their destination whereas a beckham (or especially) a scholes pass was struck harder. and in beckham's case with spin to bring it down faster.

(although some of these are really just crosses).

football has changed so it is sometimes hard to compare but for me scholes is the most purposeful, cleaner passer of the three.

Ukbrotha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Naija, London, Earth
I'm confident we'll kick on and improve further this season, and think we'll win a trophy, but if we don't we've kind of tied our hands.:lupe:

Would have been fine to wait until Nov/Dec time see how we're doing.

Oh I 100% agree. I would not have given a new deal at all but I understand why the club did.

We also gave Jose a new contract and sacked him within a year.

Last edited:

Leao2005

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Back in lockdown by october tbf.

Purely anecdotal of course but i know a fukk load of people who got it just from going to the pub during the euros.

My mate got it and now it’s I’d say about 75% likely i have it right now because he was at mine other day.

fukk knows what’s going to happen when the premier league restarts.
Do they have vaccines over there?

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV

Vdm4jto.png

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
QPR beating us 4-1 :russ:

Pre-season or not. Ole is never going to make subs in the new season if these are our bench players. :pachaha:
How did Hannibal and Garner look? I really had high hopes for Garner but I highly doubt he breaks through with Ole in charge :francis:

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
How did Hannibal and Garner look? I really had high hopes for Garner but I highly doubt he breaks through with Ole in charge :francis:
As good as they could be. Garner was getting overrun but he improved later in the game.
Hannibal made some good runs and passes, he hasn't been Ole'd yet though. When he does....:mjcry:

NoGutsNoGLory

Superstar
Daps
he is one of the best at that in the current generation but if you look back at beckham, scholes, pirlo, alonso, they used to pass cleaner and with more control,

pogba's passes meander somewhat to their destination whereas a beckham (or especially) a scholes pass was struck harder. and in beckham's case with spin to bring it down faster.

(although some of these are really just crosses).

football has changed so it is sometimes hard to compare but for me scholes is the most purposeful, cleaner passer of the three.

Also when they ran, they didnt look like slow retarded ponies. Pogba is too slow and cant turn fast enough. He has strong points but they do not overshadow his weaknesses to the point that they are excusable.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
Also when they ran, they didnt look like slow retarded ponies. Pogba is too slow and cant turn fast enough. He has strong points but they do not overshadow his weaknesses to the point that they are excusable.

:picard: it reminds me of ... "Glenda" with the criticism.

-

like Hoddle the man is not as dominant physically as his size would suggest and they both play in the same cruising-ish languid-ish way

imagine the two of them in midfield together :picard:

glenn prospered in france so ...