Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Gilver

Really?
Daps
Reppin
NW, UK
:francis:

In theory, that was good business at that price but in typical Arsenal fashion, we never know when to sell a player when they’re obviously not good enough.

Ben’s a good player. Him and Gabriel together could be a really good partnership...our squad is just shyt so I’m hoping we’re gonna a bit more calculating with our signings.

I'm not one for youtube highlights but skip to 3.40 of the video for his dribbling out/technique and his passing. I assume that's why you're interested in him, none of your other cb's can do that.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Liverpool decided to look for cheaper once Brighton gave their asking price. If the champions can be shrewd with how much they’re willing to spend, then Arsenal should be doing the same, especially when you consider how bad our transfer record has been the past few years :manny:

It made sense for Liverpool not to spend that amount Brighton were asking last year when White had no Prem experience or capped at international level? 12 month later both of those things he lacked has changed and its like he played in one of the better defences last season in the PL so yes the price will go up.

Ake Mings or White who you taking?

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
The Mustafi transfer hurt for me because we bought Mustafi for 20M more than Barca bought Umtiti in the same summer iirc.

£10m more but that doesn’t make the sting any less :francis:

At the time, the signing made sense because Wenger wanted someone with a bit more experience that could immediately slot in for Mertesacker/Vermaelen but they got it horribly wrong. Especially when you consider that So’ton bought Virgil for £15m the season before.

I'm not one for youtube highlights but skip to 3.40 of the video for his dribbling out/technique and his passing. I assume that's why you're interested in him, none of your other cb's can do that.

He’ll fit in well for us because we’re hell bent on playing out the back...I just don’t know if he’s a £50m player right now.

It made sense for Liverpool not to spend that amount Brighton were asking last year when White had no Prem experience or capped at international level? 12 month later both of those things he lacked has changed and its like he played in one of the better defences last season in the PL so yes the price will go up.

Ake Mings or White who you taking?

I’m taking White over Ake and Mings everyday but the amount these decent-good CBs are going for now is irritating. To me, if you’re spending that kind of money on a defender, we should be seeing be a Virgil type of impact on the defence. Spending £50m on a CB that you know won’t lift your defence instantly just seems like bad business because bringing in a DM to protect our back four is a more pressing issue.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
What if one of the plans to utilize White is to put him RB for now which allows Tierney to push higher up and White pushes inwards to create a back 3 when Arsenal attack. :hubie:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
£10m more but that doesn’t make the sting any less :francis:

At the time, the signing made sense because Wenger wanted someone with a bit more experience that could immediately slot in for Mertesacker/Vermaelen but they got it horribly wrong. Especially when you consider that So’ton bought Virgil for £15m the season before.

He’ll fit in well for us because we’re hell bent on playing out the back...I just don’t know if he’s a £50m player right now.

I’m taking White over Ake and Mings everyday but the amount these decent-good CBs are going for now is irritating. To me, if you’re spending that kind of money on a defender, we should be seeing be a Virgil type of impact on the defence. Spending £50m on a CB that you know won’t lift your defence instantly just seems like bad business because bringing in a DM to protect our back four is a more pressing issue.

White can play DM :mjgrin: 2 players in 1. :jawalrus:

:skip:

EA

A Pound & A Prayer
Daps
Reppin
London, UK
If he’s a Bellerin replacement, I’ll pick him up from Brighton Pier and stop for Cod and Chips from Bardsley’s myself :hubie:

EDIT: Saliba’s also played DM and RB if we’re going down the utility player route :francis:

I really want Lamptey or Aarons though.

Montez

Superstar
Daps
What if one of the plans to utilize White is to put him RB for now which allows Tierney to push higher up and White pushes inwards to create a back 3 when Arsenal attack. :hubie:

Then Holding or Saliba is our starting RCB. Arteta doesn't seem to want with Saliba and Holding can't pass or defend.

I gotta ask why not buy Lamptey if you're looking for a RB.

I'll wait and see but this regime is very scattered gun and short term in their thinking.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Then Holding or Saliba is our starting RCB. Arteta doesn't seem to want with Saliba and Holding can't pass or defend.

I gotta ask why not buy Lamptey if you're looking for a RB.

I'll wait and see but this regime is very scattered gun and short term in their thinking.

I'm just offering a tactical option that could be used. Especially when Xhaka leaves who drops back into a LCB position from midfield and his replacement is a more mobile midfielder which looks like it will be the case.

Lamptey was primarily used as a RWB before the hamstring injury (had to have surgery) ended his season. I think his height is a concern for any team who may want to sign him and play him at RB and after all he is still developing as player. Lets see what he can actually do in the position for a run of games before saying he is a good option to sign. If you have Lamptey as RB your basically telling teams to launch long balls to his zone of the pitch for the big lad to win unchallenged headers.

Regarding Saliba I think him not having pre season with the club and going to the Olympics is probably why they want to loan him out. Even tho keeping him might be a better solution because with no Europe there is more opportunity to coach and develop him. But with the no Europe less games and he needs games. Now people can say bu-bu-but Forfana he played for Leicester and look where they ended up and he looked quality. Yes he did but lets not forget It also helps that he has Morgan and Evans in training and games guiding and teaching him as well. Who do have Arsenal have to do that? Saliba isnt even 20.5 yet. The expectations for the lad are absolutely bonkers and what happens if stays and plays and gets bullied by the likes of Antonio, Barnes, Benetekkers, DCL, Deeney and others Arsenal fans will turn round and say we should of sent him out on loan.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NYC
After going 15 without a win and my strikers not scoring since week 1, it's time to:

full

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Didnt know he had a brother :ehh:

So that means he's staying at PSG then :mjlit:
Milan was keeping Donnarumma's older brother around but that didn't help :manny:

I remember when New York Red Bull signed Digao, Kaka's trash ass brother, hoping to get in Kaka's good graces :mjlol:

SCORCH

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Milan was keeping Donnarumma's older brother around but that didn't help :manny:

I remember when New York Red Bull signed Digao, Kaka's trash ass brother, hoping to get in Kaka's good graces :mjlol:

Chelsea signed not one but two of Hazard's younger brothers :lolbron:

Most people know about Thorgan but Kylian was also at the club for a couple years playing in the development squad lol

goal_kylian-hazard-cropped_1kp6e5vb4vm2s11rp3vxtwb97e.jpg