Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
i was gonna come and ask you guys how do you feel about it?

I think it makes the game less interesting, and you're probably gonna see games played Internationally now.

I’m torn because on one hand 2-2 over two legs means both teams were evenly matched. So to have one team go through because of an away goal feels a bit arbitrary.

But away goals adds additional strategy and entertainment elements that’s unique to UCL. Time will tell.

Bring back golden goals :lolbron:

I like golden goal but I understand the apprehension in high stakes games. Now, in this era of easy pens, I’d say no need to bring it back.

concise

Veteran
Daps

I think it makes the game less interesting, and you're probably gonna see games played Internationally now.

Getting rid of away goals is a good thing. Most competitions in the Americas have gone back and forth on allowing it, only reason why is because they "do it in Europe". And it is honestly better without away goals.

It especially made no sense where 2nd legs had extra time played after being level on everything and away goals still counted in overtime. :what:

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps

I have never liked the rule. Getting eliminated after a tie ends 0-0 and 1-1 will never be fair in my opinion.

Getting rid of away goals is a good thing. Most competitions in the Americas have gone back and forth on allowing it, only reason why is because they "do it in Europe". And it is honestly better without away goals.

It especially made no sense where 2nd legs had extra time played after being level on everything and away goals still counted in overtime. :what:

Just to show how much of a farce it was, both legs of the Chelsea - Porto tie in last season's Champions League were played at Sevilla's stadium, yet if Porto had won 3-1 they would have advanced on away goals.

Last edited: