Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
I would have said yes during his Tottenham days, but he grew a lot playing under Cholo. He cut down on the mistakes and became a really good defensive Right Back. There was a clear difference in how Atleti played when he was in the lineup and when he was missing.
I remember he had a good season and then a mediocre one right before he moved to Atletico. Is it the case of him improving as a defender or being in a defense oriented team? :manny:

He's not overrated per se just not worth 43m.
Yeah there's always Premier League + English player tax, but he's a 30 year old fullback

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
I remember he had a good season and then a mediocre one right before he moved to Atletico. Is it the case of him improving as a defender or being in a defense oriented team? :manny:

Yeah there's always Premier League + English player tax, but he's a 30 year old fullback
Don't forget the Man Utd tax on top of that.

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

It's just ridiculous to pay that much for another RB unless AWB is moving to CB full time or is being sold.

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
[/QUOTE]
Tomori to Milan now official :mjcry:La Cobham loses a real one.

He needs to accept the Canada call-up already, Southgate doesnt want you :mjgrin:

517774150.jpg.jpg

Last edited:

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I agree, that one world soccer was so :scust: the announcers sound like some university laval game

By august fans can return in ontario if they play at bmo

I'd rather play at BC Place for most games esp for say the jamaica game

Imagine jamaica vs canada at bmo? it will be like last time where 80% of the fans are cheering for Jamaica
Wait where'd you see TSN/Sportsnet are picking up the other games? We have to rely on OneSoccer since the Bell/Rogers crime family didn't want to pick up any of the qualifiers. Maybe they'll buy the rights off OneSoccer now.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Wait where'd you see TSN/Sportsnet are picking up the other games? We have to rely on OneSoccer since the Bell/Rogers crime family didn't want to pick up any of the qualifiers. Maybe they'll buy the rights off OneSoccer now.

Wait no way :scust:

Those announcers are horrible

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
4 out of 5 missed :francis:

I do think there's more homework done these days by the staff and keepers on the takers though.

On another note I do have to give the Nation's League some props, I've enjoyed watching the Macedonians.

Keepers always done homework. I remember Lehman vs Argentina in 06 looking at his water bottle before the shootout. It just seems to me that more are being put more closer and easier height for the keeper to me the save then into the corners with power. Like the classic Ronaldinho pen.

Yeah North Macedonia are a fun team. Play a lot more free than Serbia do with the larger talent pool.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
I've done the Montreal to Los Angeles flight, it's long. Took just over 6 hours.

:whoo: at Seattle going to the east coast like an English club going to Russia or Ukraine.
Keep in mind most of the time its commercial. They cap chartered flights to a small amount per year pre-covid