Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Hate the way Griezman celebrates his goals like he's a South American with tekkers. he needs to know his place. smh

Mans celebrates and dances like he's R9, R10 or Robinho when he plays more similar to Thomas Mueller.:beli: He needs to celebrate appropriately by just handing the ball to the referee and shaking his hand and maybe a wave or two to the crowd. be humble
:hhh:

Daps
Hate the way Griezman celebrates his goals like he's a South American with tekkers. he needs to know his place. smh

Mans celebrates and dances like he's R9, R10 or Robinho when he plays more similar to Thomas Mueller.:beli: He needs to celebrate appropriately by just handing the ball to the referee and shaking his hand and maybe a wave or two to the crowd. be humble

Doesn't he do the Fortnite celebration when he scores a goal ?

African_brehda

Superstar
Daps

We really lost out on 20M on this breh because we had no plan.

He's the least talented player in that front 6. Can't stand him.

Why the Griezman hate? :russ:
He’s very important to this team. And actually has good numbers for them. He’s the least of any problems they might have

Montez

Superstar
Daps
Why the Griezman hate? :russ:
He’s very important to this team. And actually has good numbers for them. He’s the least of any problems they might have

Griezmann doesn't have the technical ability to see Pogba, Mbappe, Kante, Big Body, or Giroud. He's like Alexis Sanchez and Lacazette to me.

I wish Dembele got his shyt together because he's the missing piece to get that guy out of the lineup.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Give it a generation and I think you’ll start seeing more talent.

I know the current Nigerian immigrant base is primarily young, educated workers. But as they settle into Canadian society and have kids, I’m sure their kids will start looking at football.

We’re already seeing it here in the USA. You got kids of Nigerian immigrants that represent the US for youth tournaments. I’m sure you’ll get a 50/50 split when it concerns who to represent at the senior level.

Heck, my cousin played for the US U17 for a few tournaments but when it was time to represent Naija for the U17 WC the Nigerian FA was on some BS. Talking about he failed a test to prove he was actually under-17. They just wanted money and my aunt wasn’t gonna play ball :russ::francis:

nope the sad thing is those kids if they are good enough will play for nigeria

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Give it a generation and I think you’ll start seeing more talent.

I know the current Nigerian immigrant base is primarily young, educated workers. But as they settle into Canadian society and have kids, I’m sure their kids will start looking at football.

We’re already seeing it here in the USA. You got kids of Nigerian immigrants that represent the US for youth tournaments. I’m sure you’ll get a 50/50 split when it concerns who to represent at the senior level.

Heck, my cousin played for the US U17 for a few tournaments but when it was time to represent Naija for the U17 WC the Nigerian FA was on some BS. Talking about he failed a test to prove he was actually under-17. They just wanted money and my aunt wasn’t gonna play ball :russ::francis:
Nigeria is a shythole going through war right now. We get Biafra and West get Oduduwa. We will be fine

Jamal514

In high demand
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
Makes sense. Aren't Caribbeans mainly from poor background in Canada? I mean compared to Africans and Asians immigrants. I've often heard that people from Haïti had a bad reputation in Montréal.

It varies, both Caribbeans and Africans in Canada are mainly working class/poor to middle class in Canada. The more recent African immigrants are generally well-educated, but there is still a lot of variation in outcomes and settlement patterns among Africans.

Also Quebec controls their immigration and favours Francophones so there is a decent number of North Africans and Francophone Africans in Quebec as well. Haitians are the biggest black population there. @Jamal514 is from there and can probably address it better than me.

Black folks in Montreal(regardless of economic class) tend to favour basketball and American football due to the influence of American media, although you will see alot of recent African immigrants and thier offspring playing football.

We also have alot of Italians, Greeks, Portuguese, Algerians, Moroccans, and Tunisians and they tend be football first when it comes to sports. They don't have the same passion for football that their relatives back home have though, a large chunk of them are middle class and don't have the same hunger to make it to the professional ranks.

I wouldn't say Haitians have bad reputation, but alot of the gangs in Montreal are Haitian. Alot of the poor areas in Montreal like St-Michel and Montreal-Nord have significant Haitian populations, but most of them still prefer basketball over football. Alot of the English speaking Carribean population lives in poverty too, but they also prefer basketball for the most part.

Football is growing in Canada, but it's still behind hockey, American football, and basketball in terms of popularity. Alot of white Franco and Anglo Canadians play football as kids but lose interest in it as they get older.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Makes sense. Aren't Caribbeans mainly from poor background in Canada? I mean compared to Africans and Asians immigrants. I've often heard that people from Haïti had a bad reputation in Montréal.

Many haitians are refugees, and many carribbean folks came when there weren't such strict immigration policies.

My dad and mom came here in the mid 70s and they had nothing, no education, no papers, no money, just boarded a plane on "vacation" and never went back and got their papers a few years later

Now the only real way to immigrate to canada is
1. If you are a refugee
2. Express entry pr and you have to be like under 40 and at least have a bachelors degree
3. Come here as a international student (paying mad money)

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Black folks in Montreal(regardless of economic class) tend to favour basketball and American football due to the influence of American media, although you will see alot of recent African immigrants and thier offspring playing football.

We also have alot of Italians, Greeks, Portuguese, Algerians, Moroccans, and Tunisians and they tend be football first when it comes to sports. They don't have the same passion for football that their relatives back home have though, a large chunk of them are middle class and don't have the same hunger to make it to the professional ranks.

I wouldn't say Haitians have bad reputation, but alot of the gangs in Montreal are Haitian. Alot of the poor areas in Montreal like St-Michel and Montreal-Nord have significant Haitian populations, but most of them still prefer basketball over football. Alot of the English speaking Carribean population lives in poverty too, but they also prefer basketball for the most part.

Football is growing in Canada, but it's still behind hockey, American football, and basketball in terms of popularity. Alot of white Franco and Anglo Canadians play football as kids but lose interest in it as they get older.

people also rep their ancestry more than they do canada. I've been to a jamaica vs canada game in Toronto and like 90% of the crowd was cheering for jamaica :heh:. Same when it's like honduras, venezuela etc. etc.

I guarantee if a canada vs haiti soccer match was at saputo stadium like 80% would be cheering for haiti

If there was some italian born in canada with the skill of pirlo you damn well know he'd be playing for italy before canada.

I mean even if you breh if you were a great soccer player and you could choose between canada and wherever your parents are from what would you do?

I'd all be
MNTvJAM5thingsP1.jpg

Jamal514

In high demand
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
people also rep their ancestry more than they do canada. I've been to a jamaica vs canada game in Toronto and like 90% of the crowd was cheering for jamaica :heh:. Same when it's like honduras, venezuela etc. etc.

I guarantee if a canada vs haiti soccer match was at saputo stadium like 80% would be cheering for haiti

If there was some italian born in canada with the skill of pirlo you damn well know he'd be playing for italy before canada.

I mean even if you breh if you were a great soccer player and you could choose between canada and wherever your parents are from what would you do?

I'd all be
MNTvJAM5thingsP1.jpg

A few years ago when Haiti beat Canada in the Gold Cup, I saw alot Montreal Haitian folk on facebook celebrating. Most of them don't really care about football like that, but they won't miss an oppurtunity to rep thier homeland.

If I had to choose between Canada and Barbados, I would choose Canada, but only because Barbados are trash at football. Jamaica, Haiti, and Trinidad and Tobago are the only respectable black Carribean football nations.

There's a Portuguese-Canadian dude named Ricardo Ferreira who recently declared for Canada, but only after going 4 years without a Portugal cap. :heh:

Last edited: