Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Civilisé

Rookie
Daps
I wish there was a Canadian diaspora in France, we'd be eating real good like the African countries. Even the USA eats good off of Germany.

To do so Canada would need to be more open to immigration, particularly to poor immigrants with a football culture. This type of individuals will be more willing to take risk and send their kids to Europe. Instead, your Nigerian doctors, Indian pharmacists or French engineers are living too comfortably.
Due to the country's immigration policies I don't see it happening.

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
To do so Canada would need to be more open to immigration, particularly to poor immigrants with a football culture. This type of individuals will be more willing to take risk and send their kids to Europe. Instead, your Nigerian doctors, Indian pharmacists or French engineers are living too comfortably.
Wont ever have a talent base as deep as European countries, but our best players are children of immigrants: Jonathan David (Haiti), Alphonso Davies (Liberia), Larin (Jamaica), Hutchinson (Trinidad)

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV

Give it a generation and I think you’ll start seeing more talent.

I know the current Nigerian immigrant base is primarily young, educated workers. But as they settle into Canadian society and have kids, I’m sure their kids will start looking at football.

We’re already seeing it here in the USA. You got kids of Nigerian immigrants that represent the US for youth tournaments. I’m sure you’ll get a 50/50 split when it concerns who to represent at the senior level.

Heck, my cousin played for the US U17 for a few tournaments but when it was time to represent Naija for the U17 WC the Nigerian FA was on some BS. Talking about he failed a test to prove he was actually under-17. They just wanted money and my aunt wasn’t gonna play ball :russ::francis:

Civilisé

Rookie
Daps
Wont ever have a talent base as deep as European countries, but our best players are children of immigrants: Jonathan David (Haiti), Alphonso Davies (Liberia), Larin (Jamaica), Hutchinson (Trinidad)
Makes sense. Aren't Caribbeans mainly from poor background in Canada? I mean compared to Africans and Asians immigrants. I've often heard that people from Haïti had a bad reputation in Montréal.

Civilisé

Rookie
Daps
Give it a generation and I think you’ll start seeing more talent.

I know the current Nigerian immigrant base is primarily young, educated workers. But as they settle into Canadian society and have kids, I’m sure their kids will start looking at football.

We’re already seeing it here in the USA. You got kids of Nigerian immigrants that represent the US for youth tournaments. I’m sure you’ll get a 50/50 split when it concerns who to represent at the senior level.

Heck, my cousin played for the US U17 for a few tournaments but when it was time to represent Naija for the U17 WC the Nigerian FA was on some BS. Talking about he failed a test to prove he was actually under-17. They just wanted money and my aunt wasn’t gonna play ball :russ::francis:
It may work and increase the talent pool but I doubt it will produce word class talents. Outside of North America, football is mainly a sport for the poor. Are these privileged Nigerian American kids going to have the level of hunger of a poor French Algerian/Malian/... or the motivation of a guy from the Favelas?

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Makes sense. Aren't Caribbeans mainly from poor background in Canada? I mean compared to Africans and Asians immigrants. I've often heard that people from Haïti had a bad reputation in Montréal.

It varies, both Caribbeans and Africans in Canada are mainly working class/poor to middle class in Canada. The more recent African immigrants are generally well-educated, but there is still a lot of variation in outcomes and settlement patterns among Africans.

Also Quebec controls their immigration and favours Francophones so there is a decent number of North Africans and Francophone Africans in Quebec as well. Haitians are the biggest black population there. @Jamal514 is from there and can probably address it better than me.

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
Hate the way Griezman celebrates his goals like he's a South American with tekkers. he needs to know his place. smh

Mans celebrates and dances like he's R9, R10 or Robinho when he plays more similar to Thomas Mueller.:beli: He needs to celebrate appropriately by just handing the ball to the referee and shaking his hand and maybe a wave or two to the crowd. be humble
:hhh:

Montez

Superstar
Daps

We really lost out on 20M on this breh because we had no plan.

Hate the way Griezman celebrates his goals like he's a South American with tekkers. he needs to know his place. smh

Mans celebrates and dances like he's R9, R10 or Robinho when he plays more similar to Thomas Mueller.:beli: He needs to celebrate appropriately by just handing the ball to the referee and shaking his hand and maybe a wave or two to the crowd. be humble
:hhh:

He's the least talented player in that front 6. Can't stand him.