Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Respect your opinion.

Just not my preference to see players rolling around every minute, asking for cards, first touch being poor, can't string together 3-4 passes, headless football. It's just not for me but I feel you.
LOL that pure CONCACAF :mjlol: it can turn the most skill player into shythouse instantly

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Look as much as I am happy with USA winning… VAR saved them… they woulda went down 0-2 and that woulda killed all momentum. They get the Mexico goal called back and they were literally able to equalize the next minute. The penalty again VAR for both. Without VAR in this match who knows what woulda happened. USA was getting countered on the edges. Lainez/Chucky had too much opportunity. especially Lainez. While the final third play by USA still lacks that finesse/finish touch. Also USA was really content with not trying to do any possession ball the last 30-45 min of the game which was truly irritating… I think maybe USA needs to sub Dest/Reyna and use them as super subs… they gotta shake up the tempo of the game in the second half.

US needs to rethink their back 4. Defense was super trash especially Mckenzie and Ream

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Respect your opinion.

Just not my preference to see players rolling around every minute, asking for cards, first touch being poor, can't string together 3-4 passes, headless football. It's just not for me but I feel you.

I feel u. But the fukkery made it entertaining (which is what i meant in terms of being watchable).

Most the game i was like, these nikkas suck and cant pass or defend for shyt. Reminded me of my FIFA pro club team that just started out :dead:

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
US needs to rethink their back 4. Defense was super trash especially Mckenzie and Ream
Weren’t they playing 3 in the back tho? That’s why it looked the way it did. I think Mckenzie is ok but it’s because we have yedlin and dest out there too. So I’m not sure what was going on. I thought they ran with McKenzie, Brooks, Ream… then like Adams, dest, Mckennie, yedlin. Idk it was some weird lineup.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Weren’t they playing 3 in the back tho? That’s why it looked the way it did. I think Mckenzie is ok but it’s because we have yedlin and dest out there too. So I’m not sure what was going on. I thought they ran with McKenzie, Brooks, Ream… then like Adams, dest, Mckennie, yedlin. Idk it was some weird lineup.

They changed to 4 after Mexico scored the 2nd.

But why even play 3 when u dont have the players to do so? :heh:

They really thought Ream and Brooks can hold their own :dead:

Edit: yeldin dropped back more late in the game so it was technically a 3 back formation

Last edited:

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

Looked like three with Dest and Yedlin able to push forward more so Dest

Daps
It was a back three with wingers pushing up the pitch, yeah.

McKenzie was awful. His incredibly stupid giveaway led to the first Mexico goal and then he gave away the penalty that got saved with handball. Ream is too slow. He's too slow for Fulham, so he's definitely too slow for the USMNT. We have a grip of six-feet-and-up guys here, which is why we have good keepers, but somehow we can't find quality CBs in this country.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps

McKenzie was awful. His incredibly stupid giveaway led to the first Mexico goal and then he gave away the penalty that got saved with handball. Ream is too slow. He's too slow for Fulham, so he's definitely too slow for the USMNT. We have a grip of six-feet-and-up guys here, which is why we have good keepers, but somehow we can't find quality CBs in this country.
Time to give Miles Robinson a shot

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Surinam will be a real test early, cant take anything for granted with Canada. They called up a whole bunch of Dutch brehs who play in the Eredivisie and their captain also captain's Galatasary.

If we lose we are done. Need to have a convincing win if we are for real.

:picard:

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
They changed to 4 after Mexico scored the 2nd.

But why even play 3 when u dont have the players to do so? :heh:

They really thought Ream and Brooks can hold their own :dead:

Edit: yeldin dropped back more late in the game so it was technically a 3 back formation

Looked like three with Dest and Yedlin able to push forward more so Dest

they were getting beat down the right in the first half till Lainez came in and then started to cook the left side. Either you go with Robinson/cannon on the left and you find a true rb because Yedlin likes to push up but his offensive touch is ass and Dest is a winger that wants to play forward. Yes he can track back and defend but he’s too selfish attacking to be able to expand all that energy back and forth. I thought Brooks played well and ream did ok.

Jamal514

In high demand
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
Surinam will be a real test early, cant take anything for granted with Canada. They called up a whole bunch of Dutch brehs who play in the Eredivisie and their captain also captain's Galatasary.

If we lose we are done. Need to have a convincing win if we are for real.

Just looked at thier squad and saw Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink’s nephew. It will be a tough game indeed.