Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Weston McKennie is nice.
Glad to see him at a club like Juve.
Does Zack Steffen stay at City? He's already 26.

The football between the USA and Mexico suffers due to the rivalry. That match was hard to watch last night.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Spots are limited in Europe. And Europeans have no real incentive to develop foreign talent.

There is this weird notion you must have your majority of national team players in Europe to be a successful national team. In Japan’s 100 year plan they want majority of their players Europe; yet America, Australia, Korea and other nations have same mentality yet spots are limited. It’s short sighted plan and idea, as in the future without doubt Europe WILL impose a foreign quota and ensure their national players play in their league.

I like Japan and Mexico national football leagues. Develop and foster a indigenous football league with a healthy football culture. Who said you can’t create World Cup winning team in the MLS, J League, CSL and so on in the long run.

The best performing American national football team player has been Donovan and for Japan has been Endo. Both played in their national league respectively.

The better method than just running to Europe, is creating a proper football league with real community engagement, real healthy competition, creating players on the technical and physical of European football and creating world class players in your respective league.

Donovan played in Euro too and he isnt the best American player.

Dempsy and McBride are better and both played in Euro too.

So UnThotful

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
TSC/Icey/ByrdGang
I def thought this game must have been in Mexico or maybe some neutral site some where
Was surprised when realized it was in Denver of all places. Surprised they weren't getting some of those fans out the paint :camby:
Two games in a row Mexican fans being dikkheads, not a good look
Majority of the Mexicans leaving California are ending up in Nearby states like Arizona, Nevada Colorado etc.

And they will travel to a nearby state for a game like this, US Gotta host these games on like South Dakota or Maine :russ: cause these Foos will end up in major cities like we saw yesterday..shyt felt like an away game at times last night

nyknick

refuel w/ chocolate milk
Daps
Basically. Footy is supposed to be the cheapest sport out here. Makes no sense to pay thousands for this which makes it a middle class sport and prevent proper talent to rise.
Sadly I don't see it changing any time soon. They created a whole system which pretty much allows them to extort gullible/rich parents.

And these European clubs coming to US are making it even worse. It just means more academies and they have even more money to buy out pitches and put private/amateur coaches out of business.

Bboystyle

Bang Bang Packers gang!
Daps
Reppin
So. Cal
Weston McKennie is nice.
Glad to see him at a club like Juve.
Does Zack Steffen stay at City? He's already 26.

The football between the USA and Mexico suffers due to the rivalry. That match was hard to watch last night.

:dwillhuh:

That shyt was entertaining as fukk, sloppy playing or not. Far from being hard to watch

concise

Veteran
Daps
Majority of the Mexicans leaving California are ending up in Nearby states like Arizona, Nevada Colorado etc.

And they will travel to a nearby state for a game like this, US Gotta host these games on like South Dakota or Maine :russ: cause these Foos will end up in major cities like we saw yesterday..shyt felt like an away game at times last night

:mjlol:
Mexicans in this country will travel wherever they need to so that they can see their team play.

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Sadly I don't see it changing any time soon. They created a whole system which pretty much allows them to extort gullible/rich parents.

And these European clubs coming to US are making it even worse. It just means more academies and they have even more money to buy out pitches and put private/amateur coaches out of business.
Yeah I remember somebody talking about it on here. Not sure if it was you or another US breh but the fundamentals issues were clearly laid out.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island

Yea I had to explain this to my wife yesterday who was confused why it seemed like a home game for Mexico damn near. I'm like some of these people probably drove for a whole day for this game

concise

Veteran
Daps
The way you guys talking about Mexicans reminds me of Maghreb countries encounters with France :russ:

Away atmosphere at a home game :russ:

Dudes still talking about hosting the matches in certain spots, like that will stop Mexicans from overtaking the stadium. Doesn't work. Won't work.
Like I said, there is a reason why they always play Mexico in Columbus for WCQ. Small stadium of about 24k and they pre-sell most of the tickets to season ticket holders and fan groups.

Daps
Reppin
NYC
:dwillhuh:

That shyt was entertaining as fukk, sloppy playing or not. Far from being hard to watch
Respect your opinion.

Just not my preference to see players rolling around every minute, asking for cards, first touch being poor, can't string together 3-4 passes, headless football. It's just not for me but I feel you.

LinusCaldwell

From The Eastside with Love
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Look as much as I am happy with USA winning… VAR saved them… they woulda went down 0-2 and that woulda killed all momentum. They get the Mexico goal called back and they were literally able to equalize the next minute. The penalty again VAR for both. Without VAR in this match who knows what woulda happened. USA was getting countered on the edges. Lainez/Chucky had too much opportunity. especially Lainez. While the final third play by USA still lacks that finesse/finish touch. Also USA was really content with not trying to do any possession ball the last 30-45 min of the game which was truly irritating… I think maybe USA needs to sub Dest/Reyna and use them as super subs… they gotta shake up the tempo of the game in the second half.