Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
@Jamal514

Suriname had a citizenship law up till last year that meant Dutch citizens would have give up their Dutch passport to play for their NT. Naturally 99 percent of Dutch-Surinamese players didnt want to give up their passports, so they never played for the old country.

Now that the rule has changed, and FIFA is also allowing players to make one-time switches if they had early caps, their team has transformed. Win or lose, I expect them to be a good CONCACAF team moving forward.

The same applies for Curacao btw, which is still officially part of the Netherlands. Their talent pool is smaller than Surinam, but they've also improved greatly with FIFA eligbility rules. They got Vurnon Anita playing for them now, used to play for Newcastle and played for Dutch NT a few times.

:ohhh: Just in time to screw us over

I was wondering how all these dudes only had like 1-3 caps even though some are late twenties

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
I just came in to say that Pulisic must be protected at all costs:wow: It’s damn shame that USA won’t be competing in this next World Cup.

Jamal514

In high demand
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
@Jamal514

Suriname had a citizenship law up till last year that meant Dutch citizens would have give up their Dutch passport to play for their NT. Naturally 99 percent of Dutch-Surinamese players didnt want to give up their passports, so they never played for the old country.

Now that the rule has changed, and FIFA is also allowing players to make one-time switches if they had early caps, their team has transformed. Win or lose, I expect them to be a good CONCACAF team moving forward.

The same applies for Curacao btw, which is still officially part of the Netherlands. Their talent pool is smaller than Surinam, but they've also improved greatly with FIFA eligbility rules. They got Vurnon Anita playing for them now, used to play for Newcastle and played for Dutch NT a few times.

Thanks for the info breh, I think I remember hearing about the citizenship rule before. :ohhh: They are really gonna be on the come up now.

Alot of Moroccans from there too, like Hakim Ziyech.

null

Daps
Reppin
UK, DE, GY, DMV
I keep telling brehs about the degree of blatent racist thought in east (and central) europe but they don't wanna hear it ...

In today's news ...

Romanian [international] footballer who DIDN'T take the knee against England reveals he was supporting his 'racist' team-mate Ondrej Kudela, who called Rangers star Glen Kamara a 'f***ing monkey', against his 10-match ban handed out 'without proof'
  • Nicolae Stanciu played the entire warm-up fixture against England on Sunday
  • The 28-year-old was one of two Romanian players not to take the knee at kick-off
  • He later stated he was supporting his club team-mate at Slavia Prague, Kudela
  • Kudela was given a 10-game ban for racially abusing Rangers midfielder Kamara
  • He will therefore miss the Czech Republic's European Championship campaign
  • Find out the latest Euro 2020 news including fixtures, live action and results here.
43926459-9660349-image-a-77_1623073876876.jpg

The incident between Kudela and Kamara occurred in March, when the centre back whispered something in the Finnish midfielder's ear during the Europa League last 16 clash, with Kamara and team-mate Bongani Zungu saying they heard a racial slur.

A formal investigation found Kudela guilty of 'racist behaviour,' although he denied the accusation, insisting he simply said: 'You're a f****** guy'.

In the aftermath, Kamara received a three-game ban after being found guilty of assaulting Kudela in the tunnel after the match, and the 34-year-old launched an appeal after the guilty verdict, although this was dismissed by UEFA in May.

Kamara's lawyer Aamer Anwar said: 'They should have a minimum one-year ban for players when it comes to this and they should be fining clubs and players substantial amounts so that it damages their pockets.

'If someone is setting up a Super League, then UEFA will almost move instantaneously and threaten all sorts of sanctions and punishments. But if it comes to racism, it's very tokenistic. Take the knee, fly the banner, pop up a slogan and think it's job done. It's not job done.'

Stanciu's international team-mate, Ianis Hagi, who came on in the 66th minute against the Three Lions, plays club football with Kamara.

England boss Gareth Southgate said in response to the booing: 'I don't want to give it any more oxygen :mjpls: than I did yesterday (on Saturday).

'We have answered it as much as we can. I have made it clear where the players stand with it. We are a united group. We are going to keep doing it.'

Romanian footballer who DIDN'T take the knee says he was supporting 'racist' team-mate Ondrej Kudela | Daily Mail Online

thatrapsfan

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thanks for the info breh, I think I remember hearing about the citizenship rule before. :ohhh: They are really gonna be on the come up now.

Alot of Moroccans from there too, like Hakim Ziyech.
Yep a lot of Dutch dual citizens on the Morocco NT. A handful like Ziyech, Aboukhal, Mazroui were wanted by Netherlands NT as well at time of their caps.

Jamal514

In high demand
Daps
Reppin
Montreal
Yep a lot of Dutch dual citizens on the Morocco NT. A handful like Ziyech, Aboukhal, Mazroui were wanted by Netherlands NT as well at time of their caps.

Ziyech even got a call up from them a few years back but was left on the bench. I wish there was a Canadian diaspora in France, we'd be eating real good like the African countries. Even the USA eats good off of Germany.

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I had a dream the US failed to qualify for the World Cup. Ish felt real :wow:

And that final was one of the most fukkery filled matches I've seen.
Tata hugged up on the ref :lolbron:

Mexican players getting pelted by they own fans :lolbron:

Dont understand why Musah didn't have single appearance or why Dike wasn't on the roster. Hopefully Sarge breaks out because I just dont see it yet