Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
Granted I was exaggerating a bit:whoa:

But dude finished with more points than Wenger and Arteta has been worse than him (barring a FA cup win). Emery has a good streak of wins at some point so his formula clicked at least temorarily somehow.

It was not great football I'll give you that but Arsenal cannot really afford to not get into European places so sometimes you need to makes sacrifices to get those needed points.

Arteta isnt playing any better and yet didnt even manage top 6. Emery's head would have flown for that or for some of Arteta's sneaky comments on his own players.

The truth is that Arsenal doesnt have the quality and finances to contest top 4 and hasn't since the last Wenger year. The core of players hasnt really changed much the last few years even though there has been 3 coaches and results are not getting better. I'd say thats where the problems lie rather than coaches.

I hope that team manage to keep Odergaard because otherwise the future would be dreadful.

Emery the defensive manager couldn't organized the defence. Arteta has made Arsenal's defence better. They defend better as a unit. Yeah the attacking football stinks but that can be improved tbh. It's easier to go back to front then front to back. Arsenal didn't make Europe because their pre Christmas form especially at home was shyt. But their post Christmas/2021 form they ended up with the 2nd best record I believe due to the last day results.

Let's add some context as to why their pre Christmas form was shyt. They were basically playing every 3 days had no pre season no real proper training sessions. They were back playing 4 weeks after winning the FA Cup. Everyone else barring United Citeh had about 6 weeks between the end of the season and the start of the new one (I think Liverpool had about 5 weeks). And United and Citeh didn't start till a week after.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Poch possibly leaving is one of the same reasons Tuchel left. PSG opposed to Citeh is actually a poorly run club. :mjlol:

Levy and Poch still look like mugs though. Levy bushed him for money reasons and has to admit he fukked up. Poch got mugged off and he's going back to Levy who stabbed him in the back.

bigdaddy88

The King Of Power
Daps
Damn all ex managers going back,poch,allegri eveb zidane did a few years ago lol

The general rule is too never go back after major success. The 2nd stint is almost always worse.

Unless ur jupp heynkes of course, nikka was at bayern like 4 different times over the course of 25 years

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Emery the defensive manager couldn't organized the defence. Arteta has made Arsenal's defence better. They defend better as a unit. Yeah the attacking football stinks but that can be improved tbh. It's easier to go back to front then front to back. Arsenal didn't make Europe because their pre Christmas form especially at home was shyt. But their post Christmas/2021 form they ended up with the 2nd best record I believe due to the last day results.

Let's add some context as to why their pre Christmas form was shyt. They were basically playing every 3 days had no pre season no real proper training sessions. They were back playing 4 weeks after winning the FA Cup. Everyone else barring United Citeh had about 6 weeks between the end of the season and the start of the new one (I think Liverpool had about 5 weeks). And United and Citeh didn't start till a week after.
Fair points overall :ehh:

Only thing I'd disagree with is Emery being a defensive manager. He's a counter-attacker IMO.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
But dude finished with more points than Wenger and Arteta has been worse than him (barring a FA cup win). Emery has a good streak of wins at some point so his formula clicked at least temorarily somehow.
He had a better team than Wenger and Arteta had.

The attacking and underlying defense numbers were worse under Emery.

Montez

Superstar
Daps

:mjlit::mjlit::mjlit:

Buy some athletes and move away from spreadsheet footballers.

Only one man dislikes Arteta more than me.

Last edited:

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS

If Allegri calls, Pogba can leave with my blessing.
United has really fukked up his career in terms of trophies.

why would he go back to Juve? :mjtf:
yall overreact too much. United still has a better future than Juve
United have better players and will continue to buy better players. just need managerial change
Juve have no future. shyttier midfied and defense. they barely made top four in italy
Pogba is staying..

to go to Psg and play with Neymar, Mbappe and Zidane :noah: