Essential The Official Football (Soccer) Thread - We are SO back, the Premier League returns!

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils
I dont get the Emery hate when it comes to his Arsenal tenure. I think he was a good match for a club that doesnt have the finances to win the league which is exactly Arsenal. Dude can guarantee a top 6 finish and maybe a top 4 if circumstances are good.

The issue is that for some reason Arsenal fans dont realize they are not a top club any more and have been living on their history for too long and they expect a top 4 like they are royalty :francis:

I guess there were language barriers and managerial issues but let's not act like Arsenal havent been mediocre since 2017. And man still got a 5th place and a EL final.

Some FA cup wins are just giving Arsenal fans the illusion that they are still great but the truth is that they havent been for several years:yeshrug::umad:

Emery finish to the end of the first season is what killed his Arsenal career. Shyt the bed in the league and then lost vs Chelsea. He was a dead man walking after that.

Daps
If Ole starts and finishes next season as Man U manager you ain't getting top 4

Sorry just can't see it happening with all the other teams improving, getting players back fit, getting decent managers in and you being left with him all season to motivate and inspire the players all season

merklman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
N17
Welp De Gez saved no pen and missed his one. I hope people dont scapegoat him though because United should have won that match within 90. Their team is far more quality than Villareal's

Utds bench was better than Villareals best 11 :russ:

Trajan

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Frankincense and Myrrh
Fair play to villareal but they were still all types of trash. This is all on that clown Ole, how he not making any subs until 2nd half of ET :pachaha:

And fluffed the most important sub of the night . . Henderson for DDG for the shootout

They did what we expected of them...defend solidly and take their one or two chances. Man U were restricted to 2 shots on target

You may have won if things went the other way e.g Cavani point blank header, Rashford chance or if that handball penalty would've been given (harsh) but that's small margins. No smacking them around :ufdup:

Montez

Superstar
Daps

DistortedImaginaryFireant-size_restricted.gif

If they played tomorrow, I would still take United over them. They're horrible.